Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Single Belt Novi, no a/c, no p/s, no brackets Belt Routing!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Single Belt Novi, no a/c, no p/s, no brackets Belt Routing!!

ditto on the crank pulley wrap. that was my first impression but you never know till you drive it.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Blown92 that is why you must use a standard rotation waterpump on the setup like sean is using.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Are you sure the 86 water pump is still standard rotaion?

I would think the 85 would be but the 86 is a speed density 5.0 H.O just like 87-88. I thought the only diff in 86 was the heads.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

Quote Originally Posted by blown92lx
    Maybe it's just me but aren't you running the water pump the wrong direction? On 5.0's the water pump goes the opposite direction of the crank. You have yours running the same direction. And yeah, the vise grips are probably going to your hood when you run it. :)
    I have a standard rotation w/p (clockwise) on mine.

That's two votes against the vise grip belt shortening experiment, guess I'll have to shell out another $20-30 for a new belt. After all the changes I have done over time, I have more serpentine belts hanging in my garage than most the autoparts stores around here keep in stock :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Chuck maybe I asked for an '84 then???

Main thing is I had them pull up the part #'s to verify that they were indeed different. There was even a slight price difference between the two and I got a little money back. Gotta love Lifetime warranty parts, I bought the original one probably 5 years ago and have replaced it once or twice plus swapped for the standard rotation one.
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

I was just checking cause that would be a ***** to have to change out after its all done.

Looks good tho, keep up the good work.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

cool, just thought I would throw out the whole rotation thing. Would suck really bad to have it all together and find out too late. Probably take you awhile to figure out a screw up like that. But, you have it in hand. I'm kind of thinking of dumping my power steering and running the same setup. Let me know how it goes.
    92 Stang LX 5-spd
    Novi1K(old), Cobra Intake, 70mm TB, 90mm MAF, 1.7rr, E-303, GT-40 heads, 30#, 190 lph, Crane Hi-6, FRPP ceramic headers, Summit H-pipe, Edelbrock RPM cat back, 3.73, MAC springs 2" drop, Megabite Jr's, F-150 crank pulley, 2.75" blower pulley, Morpheus pipe, Fidanza AFW, McLeod kevlar clutch, lots of shiny pointless stuff.
    (BlueRevenge on Stangnet forums)
    12.2 @ 114 mph (everyday street tires a few mods ago)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck
    I was just checking cause that would be a ***** to have to change out after its all done.

Looks good tho, keep up the good work.
    Actually I could fix that pretty easily as well, I mounted the extra pulley I had initially and with a reverse rotation pump it'd work just as sweet. Took the pulley off before I snapped the pic though :(

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    Maybe it's just me but aren't you running the water pump the wrong direction? On 5.0's the water pump goes the opposite direction of the crank. You have yours running the same direction. And yeah, the vise grips are probably going to your hood when you run it. :)

BLOWN92LX.........Your right about the 5.0 using a reverse rotation W/P, however he's using a standard rotation W/P. :)

5150LX..........So a '86 5.0 stang uses a standard rotation W/P ? I didn't know that.
    If so thats what I'll get. :D
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

Quote Originally Posted by frank woodall
    BLOWN92LX.........Your right about the 5.0 using a reverse rotation W/P, however he's using a standard rotation W/P. :)

5150LX..........So a '86 5.0 stang uses a standard rotation W/P ? I didn't know that.
    If so thats what I'll get. :D
    Frank you may want to double check the part numbers and even compare the two while at the parts store, I think I may have asked for an '84 but can't fully recall, I have slept since then :D

So, yeah, it's kind of a boring game. I was expecting Manning to come out firing and hitting.
    92 Stang LX 5-spd
    Novi1K(old), Cobra Intake, 70mm TB, 90mm MAF, 1.7rr, E-303, GT-40 heads, 30#, 190 lph, Crane Hi-6, FRPP ceramic headers, Summit H-pipe, Edelbrock RPM cat back, 3.73, MAC springs 2" drop, Megabite Jr's, F-150 crank pulley, 2.75" blower pulley, Morpheus pipe, Fidanza AFW, McLeod kevlar clutch, lots of shiny pointless stuff.
    (BlueRevenge on Stangnet forums)
    12.2 @ 114 mph (everyday street tires a few mods ago)

So, yeah, it's kind of a boring game. I was expecting Manning to come out firing and hitting.

What????

Someone has had a few too many :D

Ya lost me as well....

WOW! someone's playing shortstop from left field!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX
    Here's how I'm gonna run it:

I need to pick up a way shorter belt though, lol. Very simple, clean install with no extra brackets. All the pulleys appear to have suffiencient contact with the belt and there is plenty of room to adjust tension. The only non-standard part is the w/p in which I used a standard rotation w/p.

Being that this was hashed out long ago with all sorts of brackets and contraptions, I must admit that Steve (468LC) was dead right that it'd work this way, you the man Steve :D

I'm going to do this also. One question though,
    The waterpump pulley is not ribbed and you have the ribbed side of the serp belt riding on the non-ribbed waterpump pulley, Does this matter at all ?
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)