Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
How does the power pipe make power

Thread: How does the power pipe make power

Junior SCH Member

How does the power pipe make power

Does the power pipe make power because the MAF is located inside the fender well, or does the smooth ID contribute to the power production more than the cooler air. I was wondering because I've mounted my MAF so that the air filter is inside the fender well, but am using the original cloths dryer type hose to connect the head unit to the MAF. Or, maybe the ID of the power pipe is much larger and causes less friction. Can somebody help me understand?

It helps in several ways. Number 1...the intake air charge is cooler due to being inside the fenderwell. Number 2....the large diameter of the pipe when coupled with a large maf (example..80mm Pro-M) provides unrestricted flow to the inlet of the supercharger. Number 3...the smooth bends and inside of the pipe help improve airflow as well.

Senior SCH Member
    Actually the biggest improvement has to do with the shape and ease of which the supercharger can pull air to compress it. Superchargers are good at compressing and pushing air but they "suck" at sucking in the air. Any inlet restriction will dramatically drop boost. The power pipe does a great job with its mandrel bends and contoured shape.

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHawk05
    It helps in several ways. Number 1...the intake air charge is cooler due to being inside the fenderwell. Number 2....the large diameter of the pipe when coupled with a large maf (example..80mm Pro-M) provides unrestricted flow to the inlet of the supercharger. Number 3...the smooth bends and inside of the pipe help improve airflow as well.

WHAT HE SAID......... :D
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    You try to breath using a McDonalds straw now try to breath using a Coffee straw. That is just like a supercharger, bigger incoming pipe size the easier it can take air.