Thread: Another New Guy Here

Junior SCH Member

Another New Guy Here

Just wanted to say hello. I think it is great that there is dedicated Vortech support site such as this one. Some of you may know me from the corral. I was gonna try and attach some images of my car and engine bay, but the files are too big. As soon as I can resize them and make them look clean, I will post them if anyone is interested. See you all around.
    93LX 5.0:Vortech V2-SQ 3.33/6.87* AFM power pipe * TFS Heads, Cobra intake * 65mm/TB * B303 cam * 1.6RR * 42# FRPP injectors * 80MM Pro-M * FMU 4:1 w/bleeder&restrictor * 190lph * T-REX * FRPP rad * MSD 6AL * TFI Blaster coil * MSD 8.5 Wires * Holley Annihilator Ignition Module * MSD/Vortech BTM * Kirban FPR * equal lengths * O/R H-Pipe * DynoMax Ultra Flow Welded * 3:55:1gear * Edelbrock water pump(leaking already) * Romac * Subframes * Cervinis 2 1/2 cowl hood

Previous Dyno Tune
    435 RWHP/393 RWTQ (pump gas)
    Latest Dyno Tune (9-14-02)
    482 RWHP/445.5 RWTQ (pump gas)
    Tuned by Jim C. of LaRocca's Performance

What's up man? Welcome, sweet site! Nice ride, hope to see some pics. What upgrades did you make to jump from 435rwhp to 482rwhp? Check my pics.
    You Must Be Fast, Cause You Were Flyin When I Passed You!

Re: Another New Guy Here

Originally posted by CHRGDPNYBOY
    I was gonna try and attach some images of my car and engine bay, but the files are too big. As soon as I can resize them and make them look clean, I will post them if anyone is interested. See you all around.
    Try putting them in the PhotoPost :D
    1998 GT
    S-Trim
    DSS Forged Short Block
    PIs
    Murillo Tuned
    347hp 354ft/lb

Senior SCH Member

Welcome!

Welcome CHRGDPNYBOY! Glad you and everyone likes the site!

As when me and Ian were discussing the birth of this site we both came to an agreement that there is a need for a site dedicated to vortech users, just how we got novipower.com going for the novi peeps!

A big thanks has to go to our main sponser, Jack @ Muscle Motors Performance!

Glad you are on the site CHRGDPNYBOY! Everyone be sure to light up the forum with questions, answers, tech, new product designs like nate79's, and anything related to the vortech supercharger!!! Let really get this board rollin'!

-Chris

p.s. Photopost is open and links to it have been finally added! Everyone be sure to post some pics of your cars!
    -Chris

1991 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Goliath
    (Novi 1000/Nitrous Works Powered)
    R.I.P. its been fun friend!

1993 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra #4549
    No Name Yet...
    (Vortech S-Trim Powered!)

Senior SCH Member
    Hello :)
    97 ex cab 3dr, black, stock 4.3, VORTECH V2 SQ / PowerStroke FMIC, A4

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone.

blown89stang-
    As for what I did to move from my previous tune to my current tune was the addition of a AFM Power Pipe and switch from Flowmasters to a DynoMax Ultra Flow Welded catback. Jimmy C. is a great tuner IMHO and I think the free-er flowing exhaust and the smoother diameter of the AFM pipe really opened up the inducation and exhaust track of the car. We left the previous tune in tact with the exception of taking the rev limiter up from 6000 to 6100. He wanted to go 6200 but couldn't find any other pill to put in it. About the only thing that bugs me about the car is it runs pretty rich but seems to be safe with an A/F of 11:1 at peak. Would still like to change a couple more things.

2Tone91GT-
    Thanks for the suggestion I will try it. If not I will see if the web master here at work could take the time to size them down for me without loosing the image quality.
    93LX 5.0:Vortech V2-SQ 3.33/6.87* AFM power pipe * TFS Heads, Cobra intake * 65mm/TB * B303 cam * 1.6RR * 42# FRPP injectors * 80MM Pro-M * FMU 4:1 w/bleeder&restrictor * 190lph * T-REX * FRPP rad * MSD 6AL * TFI Blaster coil * MSD 8.5 Wires * Holley Annihilator Ignition Module * MSD/Vortech BTM * Kirban FPR * equal lengths * O/R H-Pipe * DynoMax Ultra Flow Welded * 3:55:1gear * Edelbrock water pump(leaking already) * Romac * Subframes * Cervinis 2 1/2 cowl hood

Previous Dyno Tune
    435 RWHP/393 RWTQ (pump gas)
    Latest Dyno Tune (9-14-02)
    482 RWHP/445.5 RWTQ (pump gas)
    Tuned by Jim C. of LaRocca's Performance