Thread: 3'' spintech exhaust or 2 1/2 '' ?

SCH Member

3'' spintech exhaust or 2 1/2 '' ?

i got a 331 with 185 afr heads, tfs track heat intake, v2-sq trim, bbk long tube headers, crower cam plus other goodies..

I need to know what you guys think about my exhaust and what would work best for my application... I have the stock pulley so its good for about 8-10 psi with the power pipe.. Should i run 3'' dr.gas x pipe to a 2 1/2 cat back.. or should i run 3'' all the out ?? Or 2 1/2 all the way out?

With the 331 and the 185 afr heads i dont think my low end will be hurting that bad.. I got a crower cam with these specs .527/.544 112 lobe, thats with 1.7 r.r ... I had that cam on my 302 and my low end was hurting bad !! but i figure with more cubes that should help it out drastically..

What do you guys think about this set up that i have? think i should run the 3'' or the 2 1/2 " ? Appreciate any imput, thanks guys !!

[B][I]

I have a similar combo, but I only have 302 cubic Inches and my car REALLY picked up when I went to a 3" system and X Pipe.Im thinking the motor picked up an easy 5-10rwhp by going with the 3" system but I have not Dynod since so I cannot be certain about the #s..I will tell you that some people will recommend you using the 2.5" system, but My combo really picked up when I went from 2.5 to my 3" system.

BTW, I have AFR 185s, S-Trim with 10-11 psi..

SCH Member
    what size injectors are you running? what type of cam do you got?

[B][I]

I run 42# injectors, and a Lunati 51014 cam.Im now in the process of swapping cams to a FTI / Ed Curtis cam.Should see even more Power under the curve, with this Custom cam..

Jeff

SCH Member
    your combo sounds nice, do you have a sound clip?

No sorry I dont have a sound clip..I would give anything If I knew how to take a soundclip of my car and upload it to the internet..Hopefully my new FTI cam will sound as good as my old Lunati cam..

Jeff

SCH Member
    would you guys say that w/ bkk long tube a 3" dr.gas x ( off road ) & a 3" spintech cat back is super loud?

compared to bbk shorties, flowtech x pipe ( off road ) & 2 1/2 two chamber flows?