Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

NOVI-1000 install :(

Thread: NOVI-1000 install :(

SCH Member

NOVI-1000 install :(

Well....Got started on the Novi-1000 install this weekend. Went over the checklist, and checked it twice.

Got started...Drained the cooling system, removed the fan, belt, radiator/shroud, blah, blah, blah...

Relocated the heater lines that run accross the top of the engine, using the new angled fitting and hoses they provided. Relocated the cruise control unit, running the wires behind the computer, and along the firewall.

Got the oil filler neck off, and relocated a fitting on it.

Next step...Place bracket in place of oil filler neck, use the supplied gasket and replace filler neck. What??? What Bracket? It was there clear as day in the picture, but not on the checklist. It was not put in the box. Holy CRAP!

Next step was to put this bracket on, then tap the oil pan. I decided I was at a good stopping point, considering I wasn't at a point of no return. Put everything back on the truck, and filled the radiator back up, and headed for home.

I'm calling Paxton in the morning to get them to send me the bracket. Hopefully it will make it in before next Saturday, so I can get this thing on. I must say, the instructions are very well detailed. Things were going smooth as silk before the missing part. Hopefully when the part comes in, everything will go just as smooth finishing everything up.

Sorry guys and gals, no thrill reports today. Maybe next weekend???????
    Here's a pic of the compartment with some stuff hanging and ripped off.
    >>>>>>2000 SLT Dakota 4.7
    >>>>>>>>>Paxton Powered
    >>>>>>>>>>>13.3 @ 102mph

mods: Novi-1000, True Duals, Ported stock TB

Re: NOVI-1000 install :(

Originally posted by notchlx

I must say, the instructions are very well detailed.
    Hmm, Are you sure you didn't get a Vortech? :jk: The instructions for my NOVI were far from detailed. It sucks that they forgot a bracket in your kit. Must have been torture to be all pumped to put the NOVI on and then have to stop for missing parts.
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Sorry to hear that but give Paxton a call, if you can ask for Kelly and let him know that you are a member of NOVIPOWER.

Let us know what happens!

Ian

SCH Member
    Thanks Ian. I'll do that. I've had nothing but good things happen through this whole deal so far....

Dave at JD's Performance was a great guy. He placed the order right away, and Paxton did a good job with the delivery.

If nothing else, I have this stuff done, so when the parts come in, I'll be that much closer to being finished.

Thanks
    >>>>>>>>>Paxton Powered
    >>>>>>>>>>>13.3 @ 102mph

SCH Member
    Ian,

I just posted the results from talking to Kelly on another post, but he is going to get everything to me before the weekend. Cool guy, I did mention to him the site.
    >>>>>>>>>Paxton Powered
    >>>>>>>>>>>13.3 @ 102mph

Great news and thanks!

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    I must say, the instructions are very well detailed.
    Could this be? I emailed them a long list of errors: could it really be that they revised the instructions?

It staggers the mind! it would be a good business move, though.

Forrest
    Factory Five Cobra : 5.0 EFI, Paxton Novi 1000, Tri-States (Kooks) 4x4 headers, P/B, P/S, IRS, double rollbars, 17" PSE wheels

I would concur with Forrester on that. My Novi 2000 instructions leave a lot to be desired. I can get through them and make sense of them, but I think my previous install experiences with Vortech's helps a lot in that regard. Vortech instructions set the standard IMO. Maybe they're finally doing it right with their newer kits like Notchlx's Dodge kit.

SCH Member
    Yeah, I think that would be the difference...They've had the Mustang kits available for a while and had mass manuals printed, so even if you just bought one it's probably been sitting around somewhere for a while.

Unlike the Dodge kit, which was released just a couple of months ago.
    >>>>>>>>>Paxton Powered
    >>>>>>>>>>>13.3 @ 102mph

SCH Member
    Well, just thought I would up-date on the Missing Bracket.

It's been 2 WEEKS....Kelly told me 2 mondays ago it was shipping out that day. Next Monday I call to check on it, it never even shipped. He said it was shipping that day....Wed. No Bracket...I was getting PISSED by this point. He ended up expressing the package to me Friday afternoon...

Open the box, and it's the wrong FRICKEN Bracket. Oh my, here we go again.
    >>>>>>>>>Paxton Powered
    >>>>>>>>>>>13.3 @ 102mph

Ohh my, I am very sorry for the delay :(

Just ask Kelly nicely to express the correct one back is all I can suggest.

Ian

Has anyone ever had a project that went flawlessly? Everything I have done always runs into a snag at some point, and I'm sure I'm not the only one....it just makes you that much happier when everything is done and working properly. :)
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Can't recall any project or part that I have installed that did not require some modification to get it to work right. Even on the simplist stuff there always seems to be that one damn nut or screw that refuses to budge!! So no, you are not the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

SCH Member
    Aight...Whew!

Came home today, and there it is. Had to vent earlier, cause I really wanted it on before this past weekend.
    This is definitely not the first project I've had problems along the way with, but I can't stand being lied to. All is good now though.

Look for the pics of the COMPLETED install next week..
    >>>>>>>>>Paxton Powered
    >>>>>>>>>>>13.3 @ 102mph

SCH Member
    >>>>>>>>>Paxton Powered
    >>>>>>>>>>>13.3 @ 102mph