Thread: AFM powerpipe questions

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar

AFM powerpipe questions

just got one used, few questions
    1) how to enlarge the hole in the fender and is it that straightforward?
    2) where to mount the mass air bracket? is there a specific location?
    any pics would help, close up's or walkthroughs. thanks
    i know this kit isn't designed for the 1000 so i wanted to know if i am going to have any troubles.:bonk:
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

anyone want to give this a shot?

I can help some.

1 - I used a hole cutter that attaches to my drill. Simply drill a pilot and cut the hole.

2 - I did not use any bracket for my mass air meter, I simply attached the meter and filter and made it so that the filter sits on the headlight support in the front of the car.

Ian

i think the bracket is a good idea to keep the weight off of the pipe and possible pulling out of the inlet side of the power pipe. anyone else?

Hmm, on my novi2k intstall I had all different kinds of issues with my power pipe install. I used a di-grinder with a cut off wheel to open the hole up. the bracket should bolt to a hole that my mac cold air bolted too on the inside of the engine bay. Now getting an air filter to fit was also a challenge. I used one of anderson ford motorsports powerstacks. The 8 incher I think and this thing just wouldn't fit. I had to cut a little of my inner fender out and and get a 45 degree elbow of pvc to allow the air filter to fit. It actually worked out pretty nice, because now the air filter sits right behind the fog light cut out on my gt.

Brandon

any chance anyone has a pic of where the bracket mounts to?

Junior SCH Member

AFM powerpipe

I have the same question about the AFM power pipe. My concern is that the folks with NOVI 2000s may not reqlize that the NOVI 1000 sits about 2 inches aft of where a 2000 sits. Spacers are provided so as to move the pulley inline with the existing belt. So, do you need to enlarge the existing hole towards the firewall, and does that move put the elbow into the shock tower? Therefore, would the shock tower need to be modified? Thanks. :D

Pushrod1: I have a powerpipe on my car and I had to make a completely new hole.

I actually welded up my existing hole, and cut a brand new one. You would be able to make your existing larger, but the hole would be large.

Ian