Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
How safe is this??

Thread: How safe is this??

How safe is this??

I have everything done except putting the fuel pump in. After that, I plan to run the car and check fuel pressure, timing, etc. I won't be able to get a custom dynotune until spring so I have to try and tune it the best I can in my garage. If I run a safe 10 degrees of timing and 40-something psi of fuel pressure at idle, will it be safe to get into boost without doing any damage?? If I have to, I'll go lower on the timing. All I want to do is get a nice safe "garage" tune and take the car around the block a few times before it goes away for the winter... Oh, I'm NOT running the FMU. Thanks for the help!!
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

You will be fine.

I also run 36lb injectors and my car works best with 42lbs of FP. I have my timing set at 14, but I use a BTM. If you only have 10 initial you will be fine.

Save up and next year invest in a BTM or a custom tune. For now, 10 initial and FP will get you on the road :)

Ian

Ian's right on the money!

That will be a very safe tune on your car Whistler. Technically speaking that is. With 42 psi of fuel and 10 degrees you should be fine till you get a dyno tune.

Plugs I recommend if you have aluminum heads would be the autolite 3923 (2 heat ranges colder than stock) and gap anywhere between .035-.038 depending on your setup.

My car hates .035 gapping! That is with 15psi of boost (even when I was at 8 psi-10psi!!!). I run .038 all day and it loves it!

Let us know if you have any other q's about the Novi 1000!

Hope this helps!
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Goliath: I still have my stock E7's on the car and I already have the Autolite 23's. They just have to be gapped.

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm just trying to make sure everything will be a-ok when I take the stang out. I don't wanna get into too much boost but I have a feeling my foot is going to be glued to the gas.
    ~Dan

Whistler: Please be careful, I would start off slow. Give it a few blasts in 1st and 2nd gear, make sure everything is ok. Then step up to the top of 3rd, then 4th. At the top of 3rd listen VERY carefully for detonation, if you hear anything let off right away, do not push it!

Ian

Originally posted by 88cobra
    Whistler: Please be careful, I would start off slow. Give it a few blasts in 1st and 2nd gear, make sure everything is ok. Then step up to the top of 3rd, then 4th. At the top of 3rd listen VERY carefully for detonation, if you hear anything let off right away, do not push it!

Ian
    I am going to be VERY careful when I first take the Stang out. If everything seems to be ok and there is no detonation, I'll get on it a little more. Actually, if everything is ok, I'll probably put it in the garage for the winter and start saving for my dynotune in the spring!! :D
    ~Dan