Thread: what do you guys think?

what do you guys think?

I am in the middle of building my coupe, and had a change of combos come about. I was thinking something along the lines of a F-1R (since i already have it) and for motor would be something like this. I am getting ready to start building the motor and im looking for something in the range of 9.50s to 8.50s, the car is mini tub'ed 10 point cage (chome-moly) all new K member/A arms etc.

357W, F303, TFS-R heads (or Edelbrock CNC victor jr's) Victor 5.0 intake (or the victor jr carb converted to EFI) (for 351s) and a all forged bottom end. 4.30 gears and either a C4 or a T-56 trans and a cog system F-1R :) look to push about 30lbs or so. BTW the block is a Dart block.

Thanks.
    87 Notch 410W, F-1R ProCharger More coming soon!

don't use an off the shelf cam for a motor like that, get someone like cam motion to make you a grind. Otherwise sounds like a good setup.

Very nice combo.

I would do AFR 225's and a EFI Super Spyder from CHP. A C4 for sure.

Ditch the F303 cam and go with a Ed Curtis custom www.flowtechinduction.com it will give you more power and everything you need.

Ian

Thanks for the fast reply guys, yeah I agree i need a custom cam forsure. I'll look and see what Ed has to offer me when that time comes....and something else I need to look at more closely is the rules for NMRA D/R, I know I cant run the R heads so maybe I will look at the victors more.....Not much of a big AFR fan at all, that just my opinion tho:)

To each his own :)

Be sure to read the rules very slowly, you do not want to build a motor and then find out you cannot run in the class you want.

Ian

I'll keep ya posted on what I go with, right now im waiting for my block to show up:(

Thats alot of gear for they type of motor you're building! You may want to ask around, but I think 3.55's would be ideal!
    90 strawberry coupe

Well im allowed up to 5.00 gears in the couple classes im looking into......

ok another question, what kind of tunning system should I use for this kind of setup? I would like to run the stock EEC because NMRA Ren. class says I must use stock type computer with a chip.......so what should I do? this is my first time owning a S/C so im pretty much a N00bie when it comes to S/Cs...any help would be most usefull :)

You will need the chip for sure! With a combo like that a full DFI is usually suggested, but if you need to keep in the rules go with the chip.

Ian