Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
36# injectors, 10#'s of boost...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 36# injectors, 10#'s of boost...

Senior SCH Member

36# injectors, 10#'s of boost...

...no Fmu, what fuel pressure do you think would be a safe fuel pressure setting to have the vehicle at with those injectors and that amount of boost from my v1 s-trim.

Mods listed below for my 93 Cobra:

Ported Cobra Upper and Lower Intakes
    Ported GT-40 Head
    Mystery Crane Blower Cam from La Rocca Performance :D LoL!
    Accufab Adj Fuel Pressure Regulator
    FMS 36lb injectors
    C&L 80MM Mass Air Meter (Calibrated for 36# injectors)
    AFM PowerPipe
    MSD 6a-BTM (Ignition Box with Boost Timing Master, Soft-touch rev limiter)
    Base Timing @ 10* Dial set to 1 on 93 pump gas with octane booster.
    Mac 1 5/8 Long Tube Headers
    Mac FlowPath Mufflers (full exhaust)
    Thirteen Naked Elfs (hand spinning the s-trim) injected with 130.9 cc's of Redbull (each)

Thanks in advance guys!

-Chris
    -Chris

1991 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Goliath
    (Novi 1000/Nitrous Works Powered)
    R.I.P. its been fun friend!

1993 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra #4549
    No Name Yet...
    (Vortech S-Trim Powered!)

Hmmm

There is math you can do and get close as well as safe. Tell me about how much horsepower you expect to make. Do you have any track times and most important miles per hour that the car has ran.

The equation is base on estimates or measured values of engine horsepower, and Brake Specific Fuel Consumtion (BFSC).
    Engine hp has to be realistic. Lie to it and the equation lies back.
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)

Senior SCH Member

Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by Brcuda
    There is math you can do and get close as well as safe. Tell me about how much horsepower you expect to make. Do you have any track times and most important miles per hour that the car has ran.

The equation is base on estimates or measured values of engine horsepower, and Brake Specific Fuel Consumtion (BFSC).
    Engine hp has to be realistic. Lie to it and the equation lies back.
    The car has not ever seen track time :( and probably never will as this is just a street cruiser and I don't want to put a nice car like this through the rigorous wear and tear the track will assess on the vehicle.

As for horsepower, if I can break into the 400 realm "realistically" with my current setup that would be great. I am not sure where I am at horsepower/torque wise.

Haven't Dyno'd the cobra yet, but I will end up doing so by Feb!
    -Chris

Goliath

No Name Yet...

Hmmm

Where do you have your fuel pressure set with the vaccuum off?

Senior SCH Member
    At idle the car is @ 45psi .

Forgot to mention that there is a T-Rex inline fuel pump installed and an intank Walbro gss340 255lph fuel pump.

Thanks Brcuda!,

Chris
    -Chris

Goliath

No Name Yet...

Hmmm

Being at 45 psi and if your fuel regulator is boost reference, at 10 lbs of boost you are going to 55 psi at full boost.

I ran 36 pound injectors with my Kenne Bell, mine was also set at 45psi, and I made a max of 417 hp when the car would run 117+ mph. This was with 11 pounds of boost.

Junior SCH Member
    As for horsepower, if I can break into the 400 realm "realistically" with my current setup that would be great. I am not sure where I am at horsepower/torque wise.
    You should make mid 400's with a good tune. My 94 with with a B-cam and 1:7 rollers and 10psi with out a tune laid down 410/400. That was with my a/f at 11.0 @3500rpms and it kept falling as the dyno continued finally ending up well below 10.0. You will probably need some more base timing mine was set a 12*. But 400 shouldn't be a problem.

Started life 06/10/94 SVT Cobra #2765.

Mods: S-trim(10-11psi), Pro-M 80mm mass air, A9L processor, 30#injectors w/ FMU, aeromotive boost sensitive fuel pressure regulator, Edelbrock heads*new*(1.90/1.60), B-303 cam w/ stock 1.7 cobra rockers, Probe Inndustry 7" balancer, Griffin aluminum 3 core radiator, Mac unequal-lenght shorties, o/r h-pipe, Mac cat back, MSD 6AL and boost retard, Taylor battery relocation.

Driveline: Tremec TKO w/ Hurst shifter, SPEC stage II clutch, aluminum drive-shaft, lakewood safety-loop, 3.55 gears.

Supension:Steeda lowering springs (cut 1/2coil front, 1/4 rear), Tokiko blue shocks and struts, sub-frame connectors, Steeda caster/camber plates.

Appearance:Y2K silver R's, Phantom boost, and electronic fuel pressure guages(both hidden), replaced tan carpet w/ black, Pioneer head unit, direct amp and two 10" audiobahns.

Old Dyno#'s w/ GT-40 heads and not tuned 410/400. Car had 12* base timing and the A/F was 11.0 at 3500 and kept getting richer higher in the revs.

New #'s *comming soon* with 42# injectors and a tune. Expecting 500.

Junior SCH Member
    I have a very similar combination, S-trim (11lbs), GT40 heads, 1.7 rockers, b303 cam, stock intake/throttle body, BBK long tube headers, 42lb injectors, 80mm C&L, and I have a STOCK fuel pressure regulator on there! Ahh.. I'm only seeing 33psi of fuel at idle and about 42psi at WOT.. I guess I'm running a little lean probably!! I have a 190lph in-tank and a T-rex. Although I have a Cyberdyne fuel pressure regulator so maybe that's inaccurate. But I have a Paxton fuel pressure regulator I can put on, just haven't had time. I also don't really have an ignition system, only a Blaster coil. Need to get a 6BTM! Motorcraft AWSF32C's gapped at .035!

I'm not detonating as far as I can tell, but I haven't had it on a dyno yet and have only drove it a couple of times as I just installed the vortech a couple weeks ago. LATERZ

SCH Member
    What do you think of the B cam? I have not run my new combo yet but have heard that B cams were not that great for S/C apps. I guess we will see.
    93 LX Convertible, Saleen body kit & decals, Balanced 306, B303, 1.7rr, TRW Forged pistons, Explorer intake, GT40p heads,Head studs, 70mm T.B,

Hmmm

When it comes to the motorsports cams the F-cam would have been a better choice.

Junior SCH Member
    YA YA YA!! but i had this car as a N/A vehicle and wasn't really planning on the S/C, but what do you know, it's a really nice combo I think, if anything I'd go more for an Anderson B cam or something if I switched, I've had the F303 with a blower before and frankly I wasn't too impressed over the B303, this has mad pull :)

SCH Member
    That makes me feel better about my B cam.. I was about to pull my motor back apart. It is so close to running but I'm going out of town for a week. I will have to wait.
    93 LX Convertible, Saleen body kit & decals, Balanced 306, B303, 1.7rr, TRW Forged pistons, Explorer intake, GT40p heads,Head studs, 70mm T.B,

Junior SCH Member
    Yeh just run it until you get sick of it or need more pull, i'm seeing about 11lbs of boost right now and that's at about 5K when it starts cutting out because my ignition system is stock.. :(

SCH Member
    Someone told me that they lost boost with the B cam cause of all the overlap. That might be a good thing because I have a stock block without a girdle. By the way, do you have idle troubs with your car. I have heard some wav files and such of "B" cam cars. and it sound pretty wild at idle.

Junior SCH Member
    none at all, actually idles better with the charger than it does without! every once in a while it'll surge a little but i also have an 80mm c&l maf..