Thread: dYNO TIME.

Junior SCH Member

Question dYNO TIME.

sO WHAT DO YOU THINK? I have a 95 gt, stock block, cobra intake, bbk 1 5/8 long tubes, 42lbs injectors,65mm thrb, 75mm pro-m,accel coil,thundervolt wires, dr gas x-pipe-2 1/.2no tails, open mufflers,& 373's. Feeding this is a Pro Charger D1SC, with 3-core inter, and 15lb pully. I'm going to take it to have the CHIP installed, tuned, and dyno'd soon. Just wondering what what to expect at the rear wheels.

I would say in the upper 400's!
    90 strawberry coupe

Junior SCH Member
    That would be sweeeet!!!! i'll have info and pic's soon after the dyno pulls.

Senior SCH Member
    you should be in the 390 - 420 range. with that much boost and stock heads, they should have to take out a lot of total timing so you won't detonate.

is this your first blower? wait until you get heads and a cam for your car. you won't beleive what hit ya!

Stock heads? Probably about 400-420 at the wheels. I'd make sure the timing is at 8 degrees BTDC and hope that the motor doesn't detonate. At those boost levels, your hyper pistons are living on borrowed time.

Junior SCH Member
    Last edited by Vegasboy3024; 05-25-2004 at 12:30 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    Last edited by Vegasboy3024; 05-25-2004 at 12:34 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    You are almost definatly going to lose your head gaskets or pistons. The compression on the car will be too high to run that much boost on stock heads. Those heads are crap for blowers. I have a 95 as well and I put a stroker 331 in it with a blower and I STILL HAVE PROBLEMS FROM TIME TO TIME. Be careful. Also, you might want to consider have ing a better fuel pump and fuel rails if your running a blown motor with 42 lb . inj.
    But you need better heads for sure first. Be careful. You are on dangerous ground with stock heads. Good luck.
    ________
    How to roll blunts
    Last edited by Vegasboy3024; 04-12-2011 at 11:20 AM.

My friend has a 93 lx bone stock engine with exhaust and an SQ @ 15psi with the aftercooler. Runs like a raped ape! 38 lb injectors and an fmu....kinda odd i know but it runs very good. No track times though........but i have no doubts that with some 4.10's and slicks it would go 12.0.....
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D