Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
2 1/16th guages, Creative Mounting ideas.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 1/16th guages, Creative Mounting ideas.

2 1/16th guages, Creative Mounting ideas.

Guys, I'm stumped. I need to mount my boost and fuel pressure guage, but don't really want to put em on the a-pillar. If didn't already have the guages I would just get some 2 5/8" ones and put em in the vents.

So that being said, where and how would you mount em? Custom deal for the vents?

Any ideas or suggestions would be wonderful.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

What brand/style of gauge are they. I ask because I have a 2/ 5/8" boost and fp gauge (Autometer Ultralite) that I plan to install in the a-pillar but I think the smaller 2 1/16" might look a bit better?
    Jason

92 Notch w/ S-trim (6.87/2.95), 04 PMS, UPR pipe, WMS w/b, GT-40Y heads, Cobra manifold, B303, 1.6 stud r/r, 65mm TB, 80mm Pro-M, 42# injectors, FRPP balancer, FRPP aluminum rad, FRPP blue hose kit, Ramcharger fan, Edelbrock w/p, Canton 7qt pan, MAC 1 5/8" shorties, MAC catted H-pipe, Flowmaster cat back, MAC springs, Tokico HPs, MM c/c plates, Steeda X2s, MM adj. rears, Cobra brakes, 17" Cobra R's, 3.55 gears, aluminum d/s, Hurst, Cobra clutch, Kenny Brown subs + K-brace, Ultra-lites, MSD 6AL, GSS340-255lph intank.

I have an aftermarket head unit in my dash so there is a small plate underneath the deck to cover where the factory unit once resided.I have always wanted to put gauges there kinda gives that old school low in the console look.I dont know if thats the best place for a boost gauge though.It can be done easy enuff I think.Autometer sells little angled rings that tilt the gauge toward the driver .If I was to do it I would use those and have them tilting upwards so they will be easier to see .Thats all I got ?

Darknotch/Jason, They are autometer phantom's. The boost gauge is new and never installed, and the fp gauge is hardly used It's the electrical one. While the boost gauge is the 0-30psi and mechanical.

Hooligan, I too have thought of this, but think they would be a touch low.
    90 strawberry coupe

You could always gut the entire heating & a/c system so that you can mount gauges where the heat & a/c controls normally go :p

Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Actually I don't think that it'd be too difficult to make up your own "gauge cage" to work with 2 1/16" gauges. Doesn't look like there's more to autometers set-up than a face plate and a few allen head screws.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

thats very true sean. Will see I guess. I think I'm going to loose the ac on my car also. :(
    90 strawberry coupe

I actually have an extra plate that goes behind the Autometer Gauge Cage for the three gauge one pictured. If you want, pm your mailing address and I'll send it to ya. A few of the nuts are off it but you maybe able to use it to figure something out. And it's free. Could even send a pic of it if you give me your email addy.
    Mike
    Drag Racing...Where being the quickest is considered a good thing. :D

Mike, you are the man! here's my addie

nobnard7@aol.com
    90 strawberry coupe

email sent

Brandon,

Both my Ultralite fp and boost(new) gauges are mechanical. I would have liked to swap for the 2 1/16 gauges but they need to be Ultralites as I already have the matching water temp/oil temp/oil press installed in the cage. Sorry.....
    Jason

92 Notch w/ S-trim (6.87/2.95), 04 PMS, UPR pipe, WMS w/b, GT-40Y heads, Cobra manifold, B303, 1.6 stud r/r, 65mm TB, 80mm Pro-M, 42# injectors, FRPP balancer, FRPP aluminum rad, FRPP blue hose kit, Ramcharger fan, Edelbrock w/p, Canton 7qt pan, MAC 1 5/8" shorties, MAC catted H-pipe, Flowmaster cat back, MAC springs, Tokico HPs, MM c/c plates, Steeda X2s, MM adj. rears, Cobra brakes, 17" Cobra R's, 3.55 gears, aluminum d/s, Hurst, Cobra clutch, Kenny Brown subs + K-brace, Ultra-lites, MSD 6AL, GSS340-255lph intank.

No prob, jason. Thanks for the notion.
    90 strawberry coupe

I didn't forget about you. Just had to take care of the kiddos lastnight. Will get pic out TONIGHT!
    Mike

No worries mike
    90 strawberry coupe

Senior SCH Member
    i have my Boost and FP gauges mounted on top of my monster tach, i found it hard to watch the Boost and FP gauges way over on the A-pillar along with my WBO2 readout(tech edge)on top of my dash pod by the tach, while going through the gears and through the traps @125-126MPH i'll try to post some pics, now the tach, boost, Fuel pressure and WB are all within a small group and can be read at a glance.

Scott