Thread: blower rotation question

Junior SCH Member

blower rotation question

I have a 1000 and will be updating to a 2000 soon. I was wondering if you guys could explain the difference in terminoligies here:

straight rotation
    forward rotation
    reverse or race rotation

the reason I'm asking is when I go to order I'll know what the heck to tell them on the other end. On the car now the blower, if you're facing the engine compartment, driver side to left, pass. to the right. The discharge or outlet is coming up to the top and going to the left or pass. side, straight across. Then going around and into the throttle body. Keep in mind this is a modular 2 valve mustang. Thanks for any help, R.G.
    '96 2v 515rwhp on pump gas..
    Built longblock by Al Pappito
    Boss330racing.com

mod motors use reverse rotation, straight discharge unless its a custom setup. Congrats on the upgrade as i plan to do it this summer.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

you would need part number 8001404, that is a straight discharge, ccw novi 2 k. If you keep your novi 1k the pulley and spacer and so on will fit on the 2k and should drop right into your bracket, the only other thing you would have to do is to change your air-inlet to 4 inch.

Junior SCH Member
    Regatta, thanks. The 1000's are nice little blowers. I got 360 to the wheels with 6# pullied for the old unported heads that where on the car. I'm putting a forged aluminum s/b in the car with seriously worked heads and am aiming for 500+ to the wheels. Good luck on your endeavour.

KH, the air inlet can be taken care of with an Anderson power pipe, correct? If you are not familiar with these, they are 4" from mass-air to air inlet. Also, is this number you gave, is it a generalized number or Paxton only number? I can call one of your authorized dealers with that number, correct? Thanks much, Russell..
    Boss330racing.com

That part number given is for that blower, give that any of our authorized Dealers and they can get you a price. Anderson Ford should have a 4inch elbow that you can upgrade too. If they do not get ahold of me and I should have a 90 degree 4 inch elbow.

K.

Junior SCH Member
    KH, also, what is the difference with the "race version" to the model # you gave, 8801404? The "race version" I'm looking at is at superchargersonline. Its a #8001406? If it is in fact different, in what way? I want all the boost the 2000 has to offer so please educate me on this. If its a matter of discharge designation and not how much she can push, then nevermind. Thanks again, Russell.
    Boss330racing.com

you want to run a Novi 2000 full tilt? buy a good fuel system and hold on tight!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

No need for name calling or snide remarks guys. Boost varies on different motors because everybodies motor is able to pump different amounts of air. Modular motors from the factory have greater capacity to move air than say a stock 5.0. Boost is a measure of how much air can be stuffed into a given space "pounds per square inch (psi)" The faster you spin the blower the additional air moved measured in "cubic feet a minute (cfm)" has to be crammed into the same amount of space. That pressure builds up higher because it has nowhere to go within the give port size, displacement, velocity, etc. So inherently boost goes up (psi). Now if you put on an intake manifold with larger ports, heads which have larger ports and or valves which flow better, and a bigger exhaust system, the air now has a larger path to pass through. So the resistence or pressure lessens and you see less boost, even though you are still spinning the blower at the same speed and moving the same amount of air (cfm). So I hope this answers your question in that 28psi on a stock motor might not be 28psi on your new motor. This is just a basic understanding, there are other attributes of a motor which add into the whole equation.

What quadcammer sarcastically said was that attaining 28psi you might have to overspin the blower. The goal shouldn't necessarily be 28psi. Your goal should be streetability or just ultimate power. How much boost you run shouldn't be a bragging number. If you have the brackets and all you gotta do is just drop in a new head unit, seems like the Novi 2000 will achieve that goal with the least amount of money lost in upgrading to a larger unit from the 1000.

I may be off on something, if so maybe Kelly or someone else can set it straight on how it works. Or pm me and I can fix it.

Thread cleaned and re-opened - continue with the questions :)

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Hi guys. KH had answered my question a couple days ago and I was putting my build plan in motion. My plan was to get 500rwhp but that seems to be easily obtainable with the NOVI 2000 built AL s/b and 2v heads seriously worked. I have yet to get the heads done and as of late working on it. Now I'm aiming for more. Thanks again to all that helped me. Nice website you guys have here. R. *Deepest regrets on it getting out of hand earlier.

Junior SCH Member
    well give us some more information on your heads/compression/cams and we can give you a good estimate.

my setup is as follows
    .020 stock al block
    cobra crank
    eagle h beams
    cp 17cc pistons
    stock heads
    hp blower cams
    crower valvesprings
    ported intake
    jba shorties 1 5/8ths
    mac o/r
    flowbastid cb
    blower
    55lb squirters
    pro m 80
    03 tank and pump plus KB BAP

stock pulley with a power pipe, looking for 18psi at 7800rpm. Also looking for right around 600rwhp. I think its quite possible.
    99 cobra vert
    novi 2k blown
    solid axle
    built motor

Junior SCH Member
    I have a 95 GT with heads, intake, pretty much all the fixins. Can anyone tell me what type of Novi 200 I need? As far as forward or reverse rotation. My year car is a little unique and need certain brackets, I know. But the head unit should fit on any model right? Thanks for the help.....
    ________
    Lesbian Teen
    Last edited by Vegasboy3024; 04-12-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Vegas, It is best just buy a full setup for many reasons.
    1. Warranty (paxton/vortech service is not cheap)
    2. You have everything, and if you don't call them and they'll ship it right out.

But to answer your question you need a standard rotation blower. Some brackets are different than others. what do have?

start a new thread and i think we can help.

Wow I missed something...

Anyhow

Vegas...1001812 would be the setup you need for your car. It comes with a 8 inch crank pulley and a 3.75 blower pulley...check out paxtons website for more information and a dealer near you.

K.