Thread: Thinking about buying a P600B ups and downs???

Junior SCH Member

Thinking about buying a P600B ups and downs???

I am new to the SC world. I am thinking of picking up a used P600B, what are the ups and downs of having this charger. All i am really looking for is getting into the 11's high, low don't really matter. I currently have AFR 165's, a custom cam for N/A, but my C/R is only a 9.2:1, RPM intake, going to get 42 lb inj., and the matching MAF. The charger is not intercooled. This is going on a 95GT. If I do get it, What PSI should I run it at to be safe.Thanks.
    306 H/C/I and an S-Trim

Junior SCH Member
    id suggest just running the 14 lbs pulley since you have h/c/i.. I have the 17lbs pulley but go through a 3-core intercooler(loose about 3 lbs) and most I've seen is about 11 or so lbs.. havent gone past 5200 rpm though with new motor. I would definetly recommend to get it dyno tuned though to make sure you dont ruin your motor u just spent lots of money on. I think its a good blower and makes tons of power.. when I first got it my motor was basically stock and I went from a 14.2@100 to a 12.8@116 from just the blower/fuel pump/msd ign. I havent been to the track since I put the new motor in but let me tell you, Its SCARY FAST now and thats what I was looking for :D ... if youre looking for the same than get the blower.. good luck.. ohh and did I mention that the p600B is a loud blower which makes it sound like you have a jet engine or something under the hood :) haha.. its so sweet..
    1990 GT - ATI p600b with 3/core IC, Edelbrock 60379's, Trickflow Streetheat, F303 cam, crane 1.7's, 70mm TB/EGR, Romac dampner, T5z, 3.73's w/posi, uneq. shortys, o/r h-pipe, flow cat-back, MSD 6al, msd tfi coil, 75mm Pro-m, Kirban AFPR, 36 lbs. inj, dual 255lph, 3-core HD radiator, eletric fan, BFG drag radials, boost/fuel pressure gauges, sub-frames, alum. DS, steeda springs, tokico premiums, pro3i lc arms.. lots more..
    -450RWHP / 443RWTQ - 12 Lbs of boost
    My car on cardomain.com

Junior SCH Member
    Biggest downfall to the P600B would be the 6rib belt. Second i would say is the low step-up ratio. Its like 3:1 i think.

Other than that, i think the blower is great, and its super tough too.

-Jon
    95GT: 347 stroker, AFR 185cc heads,Holley Systemax II intake, Anderson B-31 cam, Pro-M Universal MAF, 42lb injectors, 14psi P600B.

SCH Member
    The p600b i have has the 8 rib belt and it's working OK since about 5000 miles on it, 800 of them at the racetrack.
    It is loud, noisy, I agree, but you would get use to it. Once you go past 1.500 rpm the noise goes away and the sweet wizzle starts and also the fun...LOL.
    I have the 2 core intercooled P600B, with the small pulley I see 11 psi from 4.500 rpm to 6000 rpm.
    It is better than the Vortech or Paxton similar units, I have used both, finish is good, not the best, the boost levels and response is much better than other units.
    Just make sure that does not leak oil at the pulley, and that the joints are OK and the impeller is not broken, also look for any side to side endplay of the shaft.
    I have a stock engine and only mods are Intake, headers, flow meter, throttle body, 24# injectors, and my dyno rear results where: 342 HP, 380 pounds of torque, and track results where: 11.80 with drag tires, 3.55 gears and lakewood suspension for drag racing.
    I think you will get into the mid to high tens with that engine combo.
    By the way, I would stay with 30# injectors and calibrated MAF, and also use the FMU from procharger ( it's the best), I have use the FMU with great results, NO MATTER what anybody else say here ( they would going to be all over me because of the FMU thing...LOL) the FMU is good about the 500 HP...over it, I do not advice you to use it.
    well.,..I hope this would help you.
    Enjoy the BOOST!!!!
    pablo
    Last edited by pablo; 04-27-2004 at 10:18 AM.