Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Msd 6 Btm

Thread: Msd 6 Btm

Junior SCH Member

Msd 6 Btm

Getting ready to upgrade electrical.
    Need .02 from everyone on the 6btm or would the 7 series work better.
    Also, what about other brands, such as Crane, Holley, etc.
    Thanks,
    Jean

Junior SCH Member
    Thought my mods were on sig.
    gt40 intake, 70mm accufab t/b, gt40x 303 ported and carved heads, NOVI 1000, (Steve's discharge tube next week!!) Anderson power pipe, 42# injectors/a couple of other things...

The msd 6a-btm with the intergrated ignition box, soft touch rev limiter, and the Boost Timing Master is a good unit! I've run it on Goliath with utter success! Quality piece!

As far as other brands I am unaware of their performance aspects, maybe someone else that has experience in the other brands could chime in and be of more help in that area.

Hope this helps!,

Chris
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Junior SCH Member
    I've got a Crane HI6-TRC, with proportional boost retard. It has a dial-adjustable rev limiter instead of the "pills" MSD uses. It's a very nice unit, see Crane's website for details and a comparison to MSD.

Forrest

The Crane stuff works very well and the quality is excellent. I'd recommend either the MSD you're looking at or the Crane HI-6TR. You really can't go wrong with either. I prefer the Crane because of it's easy rev limit adjustments.

I've got an old crane HI-6 on my car and it's awsome. If you've ever seen the internals, the carne is 10 times cleaner then the msd stuff.

Brandon