Thread: Vaccuum at idle with a KB2200 w/flowzilla?

Vaccuum at idle with a KB2200 w/flowzilla?

I'm trying to diagnose a possible vac. leak. I hear ocasional hissing at the vac. distrubution block on the flowzilla intake and having a tough time lowering my idle. At idle 836 rpm(data logged with tweecer RT) my vaccuum guage reads 18mm hg. This is on a stock 5.0L long block 90mm TB, 90mm LMAF, 42 inj.
    If anybody running a similar combo can verify a similar vaccuum at idle it would be appreciated. :) Or tell me their vac. with a stock cam.

Junior SCH Member
    My vac with the Crane 2031 is 18 inHg... I would say you're ok.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaker666
    My vac with the Crane 2031 is 18 inHg... I would say you're ok.
    Error, my vacuum is more like 15 inHg.

Junior SCH Member
    Have any of you dataloged the vaccuum at the TB under WOT? Ive been trying to calcualte the actual pressure ratios for these blowers under real world conditions and havent been able to find any numbers. How much boost were you making and how much vaccuum did you see?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon E
    Have any of you dataloged the vaccuum at the TB under WOT? Ive been trying to calcualte the actual pressure ratios for these blowers under real world conditions and havent been able to find any numbers. How much boost were you making and how much vaccuum did you see?
    I've sinced solved the prob. I see 16-18 hg vaccuum at idle. I have three sized pullies, and haven't used the smallest one yet. I haven't DL the vac at tb at wot but i'll suspect it to be near zero as i'm using a 90mm TB and 90mm MAF and suspect there to be near zero inlet restriction. This has been with boost levels of 6-12 psi (from changing snout and crank combos)

Junior SCH Member
    Indy,
    I am doing a very similar setup as yours. Have you dyno'd it yet to see what kind of HP/torque results?

Quote Originally Posted by relaxinrob
    Indy,
    I am doing a very similar setup as yours. Have you dyno'd it yet to see what kind of HP/torque results?
    No dyno time as of yet, probably in the new year as i'm trying to save for a wide band kit. I've tuned only part throttle CL with my tweecer and i must say this thing is a beast. Hopefully the 3-link suspension i've yet to install will improve traction.
    Do you have any #s?

Junior SCH Member
    I have not put mine on yet. I am still gathering some of the misc. parts that I will need. I have a 9" 4-link setup that will hold it though. I am hoping to get over 450rwhp when complete.

Have you looked into any type of alch/water injection.
    It seems from talking to some really knowledgible guys that hi boost levels create alot of heat on the KB.
    What is your static compr. ratio?
    I think these are the limiting factors in producing hi HP with the KB.

Junior SCH Member
    9.0 to 1

Thought that much, i think on pump gas prob. going to need to run injection system to reach 450hp comfortably.

Junior SCH Member
    how about high octane pump gas plus an additive to get it up around 100? will that do it?

yeah i guess. but that's not my idea of pump gas.

Junior SCH Member
    not mine either, but when I am running it hard, I think I will need to go to this. I have a friend who has the KB system on and he says that the unit doesn't produce hardly any boost unless you get on it. You can take off easy and not show any measurable boost and the car will drive normally.

Yep, with the bypass, boost is dictated by manifold pressure. I could drive all day without going into boost.