Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
It LIVES!! (pics inside)

Thread: It LIVES!! (pics inside)

Junior SCH Member

It LIVES!! (pics inside)

Finished the install of my Novi 1000. That is one sweet sound. Great whistle at idle and disappears as soon as the revs come up. The IC was a little tough to mount, had to eventually leave it 2 inches off center.

It's a Novi 1000 with the Paxton IC, Anderson powerpipe, Vortech Race Bypass, L MAF, 42 lbers.

It's running rich as hell, basically belching out fuel at anything above idle. This thing needs to see a dyno tune really soon.

Here are some pics:

Enjoy,

Matt

Very nice, good luck on controlling the go pedal ;)

Junior SCH Member
    Yea, definitely seems like it'll end up being a spinfest.

On another note, I emailed Paxton about the position of the IC and they said it wasn't a prob. However, they said that since I'm running a 8lb pulley it might not be enough air to get the IC to full efficiency. They recommended running the 10lber, which I have sitting on my bench. It's a tough decision.

might as well pop it on.

Looks good!!!
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Im diggin the intercooler and the bypass valve. I agree with the other guys. You have an intercooler, so take advantage of it and crank up the boost! Lets see some results when you get this thing dialed in.
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

You might as well pulley it up for bigger boost before you dyno tune so you don't have to go back when you get the urge.

Nice job matt!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Killer!! You are the 1st one I have come across that has an I/C with the "little" Novi. Be sure to post up some numbers when you get it tuned. Oh yeah, I agree with the others, time to turn up the boost :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    Yea, I'm just worried about the motor. I baby the car most of the time so either way I think it'll last. I'm looking to make 450-460rwhp and they guy said he was approaching 500 with the 10lbers. Definitely more than what I would like.

Also, I cannot get the bypass to open. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX
    Killer!! You are the 1st one I have come across that has an I/C with the "little" Novi. Be sure to post up some numbers when you get it tuned.
    I second that. I've been wondering about I/C'ing my "little" Novi. I'm already making 475-500 to the wheels, but I would really like to get the intake air temps down. I was just wondering if I could re-pulley enough without over-spinning to recover the pressure loss across the intercooler.

I look forward to your results.
    ChromeYellow 98 Cobra Novi1000 - Street Machine

Even if you couldnt compensate by re-pulleying without overspinning the blower I would think the results are worth it. Cooler air discharge is worth a significant increase in power, especially getting into those double digit boost numbers.
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

Quote Originally Posted by isdnmatt
    the guy said he was approaching 500 with the 10lbers. Definitely more than what I would like.
    HAHAHAHA, right. Thats the first time Ive heard any1 say that, lol. :p

Junior SCH Member
    yea, i know, everyone looks for more power. as do i, but im a little short on the motor rebuild fund :). All in due time.....