Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Just joined

Thread: Just joined

Junior SCH Member

Just joined

Hello to all,

I installed the V9 in my LS1 about 6 months ago. It runs great, no major problems yet.
    One thing I do notice is a somewhat loud rattling sound coming from the engine bay under boost (like the manifold is shaking). I'm not sure if thats normal. Anyone else experience something similar.
    There's nothing like being Blown

Be very careful. What you are describing sounds like detonation. Get that thing on a dyno before you lift a head.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Junior SCH Member
    I thought detonation would sound like a loud knocking sound? This is more like a rattle, or vibration type sound...not too loud but I can hear it in the cabin if the radio is off and windows are up. Can this still be detonation?

What your describing sounds a lot like detonation. Don't drive it under boost at all till you get this cured. LS1's are awesome but they won't tolerate that at all.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks guys,

I just made an appointment at my dyno shop for Friday. He went for a ride with me and thinks its probably the spark plugs cause it also rattles on the low-end with no boost.
    I'll be easy on it till then for sure.

thanks for your input, I probably would have dismissed it as "normal" rattling and creaking.

There's many ways to cure spark knock and the plugs are one of them. You made the right move for the dyno tune. Make sure post your dyno sheet when you get back!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Any word on the dyno numbers or is it any better?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I was driving a friends Camaro SS yesterday and the injectors made so much noise it sounded like a solid lifter car. I think the injectors make so much noise that if this car uses a knock sensor it is probably giving a false reading and retarding the timing because the car is sick. We are trying to figure it out before we install the supercharger. Something else that was strange was 3 spark plugs had backed out of the heads but even when I fixed that the engine still had injector rattle. Maybe your car is having the injector rattle also.

Junior SCH Member
    Hi everybody! can somone help me to find a compressormap to a v-9-g?