Thread: Blower pulley or crank pulley?

blown5oh

Blower pulley or crank pulley?

Hey guys. I've got the 2 belt Novi 1k system. I was just wondering, would I see more power (and would it be safer for my motor and blower) by going from the 3.25" blower pulley to the 3", or stick w/ the 3.25" and going w/ a difference sized crank pulley?

Have you changed the blower pulley once already? To my knowledge the stock blower pulley is 3.5" (my cars no where near me so I can't go check).
    To go with the 8" crank is better for 2 reasons 1) wont void warrenty 2) don't have to worry about belt slippage. I seen 8lbs of boost by going to the 8" crank
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Like Sinner stated, if you still have the warranty do the crank pulley as it won't void it. If warranty is gone I'd do the blower pulley merely because of the cost savings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

blown5oh
    Would the crank pulley also net me more hp/tq anyway? Where do I get a 8" crank pulley anyway - is one better than the others?

Thanks guys.

yes it would net more Hp and TQ. More hp and tq with better belt traction. Are a new or old novi 1000? 1 or 2 belts?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    i just thought you guys might want to know i have an extra 8" crank pulley for sale if any one wants it. I have it on ebay right now but i will take 125 for it if someone wants it. It is used and its for the 2 belt set up but it is in good condition. If someone wants it send me an email. If you want to see a pic go to ebay and do a search for vortech renegade supercharger and it will pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstang93
    i just thought you guys might want to know i have an extra 8" crank pulley for sale if any one wants it. I have it on ebay right now but i will take 125 for it if someone wants it. It is used and its for the 2 belt set up but it is in good condition. If someone wants it send me an email. If you want to see a pic go to ebay and do a search for vortech renegade supercharger and it will pop up.
    Throw it in the classified section here, I doubt that it'll take long to sell on here....bunch of boost junkies :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

blown5oh
    Hey silverstang93, who makes that 8" crank pulley? How much are they brand new? I'm interested, email me @ jbarbrady@rcn.com and let me know the details.

blown5oh
    That's the Vortech Renegade 8" pulley right? Would that work w/ the Paxton Novi 1k (2 belt)?

SCH Member

yes

yes the 8" renegade crank pulley will work w/ a novi 1000 two belt setup