Thread: need pics of bov on novi 2000

Junior SCH Member

need pics of bov on novi 2000

i just purchased a novi 2000 renegade kit and need pics of where the bov is mounted,thanks,Dave

pm henry d, he should be able to send you pictures of his renegade setup.

Here's another setup.

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/phot...sort=1&cat=500

Junior SCH Member
    thanks for the help,do you know which bov would be best for around 15psi of boost?

I would get a Vortech Mondo bypass valve, like the one in the picture. Is this a new or used kit, there should be a flange on the piping. Is it a 3 bolt or 2 bolt flange?
    Last edited by Hustler; 02-06-2004 at 10:29 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    the kit is new but might be a couple years old,the discharge tube is 3 pieces and it came with 2-2 bolt flanges that have to be welded on.

So it just has the flanges but there are no provisions on the piping yet for the flanges to be welded on? If no bypass valves came with the kit, you could either go the route of welding the 2 flanges on and putting on a 2-2 bolt bypass valves on. Companies that make 2 bolt bypass valves are Vortech, HKS, Greddy. You would want the race versions each company makes of their 2 bolt design. Or you could get a flange from Vortech with the 3 bolt design and mount a Vortech Mondo bypass. If you have plans in the future to run more than 15 psi you might go for the Vortech Mondo bypass route.

Junior SCH Member
    thanks for your help

no problem

Junior SCH Member
    would anyone know where i can get a mondo bov at a resonable price,let me know,thanks,Dave

I've seen them used for 190-210 ish from people, I ended up getting two off ebay for 140 and 155 ish respectively. If you are into asthetics the polished models are a little more expensive. But I was pretty patient in waiting for certain deals. One of the ones I got has a builtin fitting for the airline and a black valve whereas the newer one has an air threaded fitting that screws in with a blue anadized valve. But they basically look like the same thing and appear to work the same. I'll try to get photos of the differences as I gotta have the discharge drilled and welded to a flange for the 2nd one to mount this week sometime.

Or ask Spence Hart and see how much he can get one for, I've heard he gets good deals as a distributor for Vortech. He is a member here "spence"
    Last edited by Hustler; 02-11-2004 at 01:33 AM.

Junior SCH Member
    just picked up a mondo valve and flange for 165 shipped,know i just have to get it on,anyone have a pic. of the 3 discharge setup for the novi 2000?