Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

YSI Trim on a 555" BBC?

Thread: YSI Trim on a 555" BBC?

Junior SCH Member

YSI Trim on a 555" BBC?

Anyone out there know if a YSi Trim can supply 14 or more pounds of boost on a 555 CI BBC? I want to shift and go through the lights at about 7000-7200 RPM. Am I going to run into a impeller speed problem?
    Thanks

Senior SCH Member
    you should be fine,

Vortech's Big Block carb kits come with a YSi now.

We are building a 434sbc with a YSi and its cog'd for roughly 15psi at 7500. the YSi is good to 30psi, it should feed your 555 at that boost level.

http://www.rhodescustomauto.com

Spence

8.96/160

Junior SCH Member
    Sweet looking motor! I am going to purchase a Vortech BBC carb'd kit. I do have a few questions for ya.

Who sells the cog kit I saw on that sweet 434? Is it a 8MM?

I noticed your using a bonnet on the carb of the 434 vice a box. Is there a advantage to one over the other?

Thanks for the advice.
    Greg

PS When you ran your 8.96, was it with a YS trim or a X trim blower?
    Last edited by Greg D; 09-11-2004 at 06:30 PM.

That appears to be a Vortech 8mmx50mm cog belt set up. I would recommend using a strut brace or a tower brace to help elliminate any flex. It may not be a problem at those low impellar speeds.
    Last edited by HazMat; 02-10-2004 at 05:14 PM.

Senior SCH Member
    HazMat.
    yeah thats kinda in the works.........its a chevy nova and there isnt really anywhere to run a support strut to.

The Blower and tensioner cog is Vortech, the crank is RCD and the tensioner plate is a custom one we had made to use the vortech stainless arbor. The stock SBC kit uses a spring loaded tensioner. here is a new updated pic as of yesterday, car is still being assembled.

Spence, It looks as good as it will probably run. Are you going to take this to any events