Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie here w/ YSi

Newbie here w/ YSi

Hey, newbie here. I just got my YSi (Thanks Ricky @ Vortech, removed a Y-trim. So far i like it but my current setup would not allow me to take full advantafe of the YSi.

Only Dynoed 645hp/696 tq through powerglide with my 302. My mass air was not correctly calibrated for the YSi ( was only cal. for a S-Trim ) and was maxed out between 3000-4000rpm. We were moving alot of air. This in turn showed my 72lb injectors were at 100% duty cycle. A/F was 12.0 to 12.2 I was running a 77/27 cog setup. At 6800rpm i saw 27 psi. Air charger temps after my spearco in dash were only 66 degrees.

My new FAST sequential is on the way and soon 96lb injectors. I am going to try the YSi and the 302 again before i put in my 345 with new cam and heads.

The hydraulic cam i am currnetly running is not very good for the Vic Jr. heads and blower.

The new TEA cnc'd heads and solid roller cam along with the 345 should make a crap load more of power. Not to mention the FAST sequential.

Just wanted to share some info.

Sounds like an awesome setup, keep us updated, got any pics of your current motor with the blower on?

Yeah i have a few. Tell me how to upload them and i will.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustler
    Sounds like an awesome setup, keep us updated, got any pics of your current motor with the blower on?

Go to the far left of the menu where it sais photopost, click on that. Then on the far right of that menu, just below it in another group of links click on "upload photos"

i posted some in my gallery

Is that a passenger mount bracket with a straight discharge? Is the spearco and air/water? What size, gallon wise, are the two tanks. Looks great!

Yup, passenger mount, straight discharge and spearco air to water indash cooler. Cooler tank is a 10 gallon and so is the fuel cell. Just different dimensions.

AWESOME car, HazardousMaterials.
    I too just got a YSi from Ricky. The 1st curved discharge ever sold. :)

HM, where and what class(es) do you run?
    93 Cobra #2161
    MMFF feature July '01
    New combo: Keith Craft 331 R-block, YSi, Brodix, Kooks, Reichard, Dynamic, Wolfe etc, etc...

Y3K Performance Parts
    Kooks, Reichard, SDS Motorsports & Innovate LM-1 dealer.

Car info> http://93cobra.itgo.com

The plans for this year are FFW true street and drag radial. Clash of the Titans true street and true 10.5

Hey, hotrodcobra, have you had a chance to dyno or hit the stip yet?

It appears we will be seeing each other, because you just listed my plans for this year. :) Cool...

No, I hope to have the motor dropped in within the next few weeks.
    Check out my website if you have a chance.
    93 Cobra #2161
    MMFF feature July '01
    New combo: Keith Craft 331 R-block, YSi, Brodix, Kooks, Reichard, Dynamic, Wolfe etc, etc...

Y3K Performance Parts

SCH Member
    hasmat--a few questions

whats the whole combo look like you have now? what cam and where did you make peak power?

thanks
    93 notch-s-trim@11 p.s.i.,twisted wedge,GT-40,comp,306-pump gas only-10.93@129.7 on bfg drag radials--10.64@127.5 on ET drags
    548rwhp/502 rwtq

new 340" procharged combo in the works

HRC, nice car and nice wesite. I look forward to meeting ya at the next race.

My current setup is this:
    Eagle 302, vic Jr's with only a valve job. cam-232/242, 544/560 112 lobe, 1.7 rr,
    I don't have the sheet infront of me right now but i think peak tq was about 4000-4400rpm and peak hp was 5500-6500. Let me check the sheet tonight at home and i will update this post. But like i said up top, The 83mm mass (orig. cal for an S-trim) air maxed out between 3000-4000 rpm and that made the injectors go to 100% duty cycle. I know this cam (orig. spec for DartSr's and S-Trim)is not the best choice for these heads. Not enough lobe.

Just goes to show, all the parts must compliment each other........

AND THOSE GUYS AT AUTOZONE SAID I COULD JUST BOlT ALL THIS STUFF ON AND IT WOULD MAKE 1700HP.............haha!
    Last edited by HazMat; 02-10-2004 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HazMat
    HRC, nice car and nice wesite. I look forward to meeting ya at the next race.

My current setup is this:
    Eagle 302, vic Jr's with only a valve job. cam-232/242, 544/560 112 lobe, 1.7 rr,
    I don't have the sheet infront of me right now but i think peak tq was about 4000-4400rpm and peak hp was 5500-6500. Let me check the sheet tonight at home and i will update this post. But like i said up top, The 83mm mass (orig. cal for an S-trim) air maxed out between 3000-4000 rpm and that made the injectors go to 100% duty cycle. I know this cam (orig. spec for DartSr's and S-Trim)is not the best choice for these heads. Not enough lobe.

Just goes to show, all the parts must compliment each other........

AND THOSE GUYS AT AUTOZONE SAID I COULD JUST BOlT ALL THIS STUFF ON AND IT WOULD MAKE 1700HP.............haha!
    Thanks HM.
    Oh, and by the way, you have to put more stickers and a very tall wing on to make that kind of hp... ;)
    93 Cobra #2161
    MMFF feature July '01

Y3K Performance Parts

Don't forget the neon lights underneath the car. That's worth atleast 200hp.

SCH Member
    thanks for the info. i'm building a 340" motor with a D-1, tw heads and systemax intake. i was thinking of doing something like 236-248 on a 114. i'd like to shift about 6800-7000.does it sound like it's in the range?
    93 notch-s-trim@11 p.s.i.,twisted wedge,GT-40,comp,306-pump gas only-10.93@129.7 on bfg drag radials--10.64@127.5 on ET drags
    548rwhp/502 rwtq

new 340" procharged combo in the works