Thread: 8 inch Crank pulley Clearance

Junior SCH Member

8 inch Crank pulley Clearance

I will be putting on the 8" crank pulley soon and would like to know before hand if there is any clearance problems being experienced while installing. Anyone?

You running the single belt or dual belt Novi??

Single belt, you'll need the smaller Cobra w/p pulley (~$25 from Ford Dealer)

Dual belt, no clearance issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    I have the new style...BTW how much boost wii I be seeing with just the 8" and a powerpipe? Can a F-150 puley be put on the new novi?Basically I would like to see around 9-10 of boost with out voiding the warrenty, can it be done?
    Another question is, I have H,C,I along with 24lbs injectors and a 190lt pump, what should I jump to in terms of injector size to compensate for the increase of boost?
    Thanks for help!
    Last edited by scfiveo1993; 02-10-2004 at 03:40 PM.

Most of the guys here are getting in the 10# range with a 8" and power-pipe on the new Novi.

Most of us with H/C/I jump to 42's and an in-tank 255 Walbro Hi-Pressure, some run an additional in-line pump as well. You could get by on less injector @ 10#'s but the 42's are pretty cheap when compared to some of the smaller injectors.
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

Whoops, missed one...No you cannot use a F-150 pulley on a dual belt set-up.

Senior SCH Member
    I saw 8psi with the morpheus pipe and 8" pulley, stock top end.
    90gt 5speed, chp stroker 331 with forged internals including crank, afr 165's, custom grind cam, trickflow street heat intake, 1.7 rockers, 80mm pro M with morpheus power pipe and bosch bypass valve, full off road exhaust, revised novi 1K with 8"asp pulley, 255 in tank, 30lbers, accufab afr, msd6al with coil, 355's on stock suspension and street tires.

Dynojet#'s= 505rwhp, 469rwtq@7psi boost.

91 coupe 5speed:
    fully ported stock heads, cobra upper and lower intake, 65mm TB, 75mm mass air, full exhaust, compucar adjustable kit, 155lph pump, king cobra clutch, msd coil and stock 308's and street tires.

13.9@102mph

chemical5, where do you live? cause i see 10psi with a smaller meter and ported heads-w-a holley 2 intake.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D