Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impeller speed with the 8" crank pulley

Senior SCH Member

Question Impeller speed with the 8" crank pulley

Ok guys right now I have the Novi 1000 revised unit(2 belt) with the factory pulley on the head unit along with the 8" vortech renegade crank pulley, I want to put the orginal crank pulley back on the crank and change the head unit pulley. My warranty on the head unit is up, my ? is which size head unit pulley will I need to see the same lbs of boost that I did with the 8" crank pulley? Does anyone know? and is there a "NO Slip" pulley available? if so where can I get it?

Thanks, Rusty

rusty, are you getting belt slippage with the 8" crank pulley? Cause mine was zero. Why do you want to change the crank and then put a smaller blower pulley on?

anyways, the impellar speed is 48000 with the 8" crank @ 6000 rpms.
    A 3" pulley and the stock crank is right @ 48000 also. you shouldn't have any major slippage issues out of the 3" pulley but if you go too much smaller with the 8 rib it may be an issue.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    The only reason I'm thinking of changing is b/c of the clearence issuses, I have no slip at all now, I'm just afraid of stretching another belt on the way to Myrtle Beach 3-1/2 hours away from home.

Hmm, i never had any clearence issues but i have a pretty bare bones street/strip car. The 3" pulley the blower rpm is a little higher but i doubt you'd notice a difference in power and as long as there's no slip it may be better for you.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Senior SCH Member
    that is the only reason why I wanting to chage pulleys, so if is use the crank pully supplied by paxton and the 3.00 head unit pulley I should see around the same performance as i do now right?

yup.

Senior SCH Member
    where is the best place to buy a pulley at a good price, I noticed that reichardracing.com sell them does anyone know or used thier products, and I also notied on there site they are fabing supercharger inlet rings that are suppose to increase boost by 1-3lbs is anyone running one of these, I'm thinking of trying ot out?
    thanks for the replys

Thier pulleys are not really good for street cars IMO. They decrease belt slip dramaticaly and they really eat up belts in the process because they are so aggresive. I'd click on the link at the top of the page and shop around. I've never bought one.

Senior SCH Member
    so what about the inlet rings, do you know anything about them? thanks for the info.

inlet rings?

Senior SCH Member
    check out their site www.reichardracing.com and scroll down to the inlet ring pics and click on the pic.

i've never heard of this but reichard makes pretty nice stuff.

Senior SCH Member
    I think that it should work b/c it smooths the air creating a better air flow I think I'll try one. I'm waiting for a responce from them now. thanks for the reply.

Do you have a 4" powerpipe? Cause I can definetly vouch for those! i gained 1.5psi on my Novi 1000.

Senior SCH Member
    yes I do it's a morpheus pipe, so you gained 1.5 lbs of boost with a inlet ring?