Thread: 2 questions for you

Junior SCH Member

2 questions for you

is it necessary to run a bypass valve on an A-trim? If not then can i plug the hole
    what is the max engine rpm on an A-trim?( don't want to overspin it)

a bypass is a good idea on any blown application. w.o it you surge the compressor hard when you let off the gas, the boost has only one place to go! they are inexpesive & great insurance! most experience low rpm bucking w/o the bypass valve. i highly recommend one....
    i wouldnt be so concerned with engine rpm in terms of overspinning the blower unless your kit is coming with both larger crank and/or smaller blower pullies. the pulley size has much more to so with the impeller rpm. if your purchasing the kit with the stock size pullies than you will be fine. keep the engine rpm where you need it for best performance & longevity of your engine under boost! i would say that 6k on a stock bottom end is avg high rpm here. really depends on your setup. there are some great impeller speed charts floating around here that can help you know where you are with your application. good luck!

-justin
    Last edited by mygt8a4re; 02-12-2004 at 06:50 PM.
    -justin

DSS 306, S-trim, TFS trackheats, TFS trackheat intake, TFS stg 1 cam, Tremec....tons of cooling, suspension, exhaust, ignition, fuel & tuning parts that would take up too much space!