Thread: S-Trim to YSi Trim, What do I need?

S-Trim to YSi Trim, What do I need?

Right now I'm running a passenger side V1 S-Trim with an aftercooler. I would like to put on the biggest head unit I can without changing any brackets. What changes do I need to make?

Thanks in Advance, BTW this is my 1st post on this site.

Mike

I assumed that you all knew what I had, the s-trim is on my 90 coupe mustang with a 351w, stage3 tfs heads, Bennett box intake, 38lb inj, aftercooler, all I can think of that has to do with charger.
    351w, S-trim w/aftercooler, Bennett box upper, trickflow stg 3 heads, Lentech AOD Strip Terminator, 10 pt moly cage w/net, D&D K-member and A-arms, Wolfe uppers and lowers w/anti roll bar, 315/35/17 BFG Drag Radials for street, 28X12.5X15 M/T ET streets for track

Junior SCH Member
    Hey Mike,
    I'm not the most knowledgable here, but from what I've heard the aftercooler and the YS family don't really like to line up well together. You'll also need bigger injectors (look at the rest of your fuel system also)
    87 Coupe - R-306 , YS-Trimmed, Edelbrock Heads, best ET 9.87@136

94 Lightning, K/B supercharged

Mega Dittos on the fuel system. You are going to need alot more fuel. I have a YSi. I have it on the passenger side. Original vortech s-trim brackets but i made a new faceplate that is 2-3 times thicker than the stock s-trim piece. I also run a strut tower-to-blower brace to elliminate flex. I run cog belt and pulleys. Not sure about the alignment of the aftercooler. I would bet that the aftercooler (single core?)would be too small for the YSi. I run a three core in-dash spearco. You may want to make a call to Vortech. Keep us posted on what you find out.

The aftercooler is not rated to flow enough air for a YS, much less a YSi. If you are going to use the aftercooler Vortech doesn't recommend anything bigger than a T-trim.
    I also run a passenger mount YSi except with a curved discharge and no i/c. YET...
    93 Cobra #2161
    MMFF feature July '01
    New combo: Keith Craft 331 R-block, YSi, Brodix, Kooks, Reichard, Dynamic, Wolfe etc, etc...

Y3K Performance Parts
    Kooks, Reichard, SDS Motorsports & Innovate LM-1 dealer.

Car info> http://93cobra.itgo.com