Thread: just bought an sn93, could you guys help with my parts list?

Junior SCH Member

just bought an sn93, could you guys help with my parts list?

I just got a sn93 for my 95 mustang. It has an upgraded impeller making 8lbs. of boost. Could you guys let me know if my supporting parts list is up to par? For injecters i'm not sure if i should go with 42's and ditch the fmu, or keep it with 30's. I need a matching maf, 255lpm intank, regulator, gauges, and is that it or do i need more? Could you guys give me advice on what companies to purchase the parts from? My current mods are tfs1 cam, thumper heads, systemax II intake, and full exhaust. Also, how's the reputation of the sn93's, pros. ,cons? What type of oil do i use for it? The guy i bought it from used ATF, is this right? Any input would be appreciated. thanks.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Go 42's No FMU, ATF Type F for Fluid and some type of ignition retard if going over 5psi.

Junior SCH Member
    how important is the ignition retarding? Should i get the msd one.

Well it is very important since even with 93 Octane fuel you can not be over 19 degrees total timing at 8psi without the risk of blowing head gaskets. MSD BTM is sorry unit because it is not accurate. I would check on the Crane unit and see what people think of it. A tuning board like Tweecer or PMS is the best but the expense is high.

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah, i know about the tweecer, too much money for now. What about PMS what's that all about? Is it really better to go with the 42's and ditch the FMU? Thanks for your help guys.

The FMU is a big pain in the azz. It will run rich one time and run lean others. You just can not get a good tune under boost with those conditions and you will hurt something really fast if the boost goes up and the FMU decides not to climb or the FMU goes up and you go static on the injectors.