Thread: how fast with an s-trim

Junior SCH Member

how fast with an s-trim

whats the fastest you can go with an s-trim????

Senior SCH Member
    fastest???? the real questions are what do you want out of your car? how much boost are you looking to run? how much power are looking to make. last but not least.....how much money are you looking to spend?

so in other words, there's more than just being the fastest with an s-trim. i'm sure it will be plenty fast for ya in a street car if the motor is set up properly.

Junior SCH Member
    what i wanna know is what is the limit they are good too.. is it capable of going in the 9's...

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthr...=strim+fastest

Seems a couple people on there know someone who has run in the high 9's. The s-trim is a reliable blower, known lots of people with them. But if you plan on running 9's with one, it probably won't last long spinning it that hard. Those are pretty extreme examples, look at the motor descriptions the s-trims are on. If you want to run in the 9's reliably I would step to a ys or ysi trim if you want a good street mannered blower.

If its a budget issue, you'll be disappointed when you plunk down what cash you do have for the s-trim and then blow it up trying to run a high 9. They do have stripped down kits without all the bells n whistles specifically for people who are racing and don't need fuel pumps, fmu's, etc. But you need the supporting parts if you don't have a big pump, large injectors etc already. Food for thought.

Junior SCH Member
    i have a friend, and this is i have seen him run more then once with my own 2 eyes, and there is even vids of this, a 9 second pass on an s-trim on a stock bottom end. this was at 20 psi too.

Yes they can go 9s but it is like Hustler said. It all boils down to reliability. I would either go with a t-trim (wait I do have a t-trim) or a YS. I have talked with a few people who have said the drivability with the T is better on a street going car and then there are those who say the YS is fine on the street. I think it all boils down to what your idea of "driver" is.

Iceman_19-> Post the vids already. I would like to hear more of his combo. Not doubting just love to hear combos.

Mike
    Drag Racing...Where being the quickest is considered a good thing. :D

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MeJay Racing
    Yes they can go 9s but it is like Hustler said. It all boils down to reliability. I would either go with a t-trim (wait I do have a t-trim) or a YS. I have talked with a few people who have said the drivability with the T is better on a street going car and then there are those who say the YS is fine on the street. I think it all boils down to what your idea of "driver" is.

Iceman_19-> Post the vids already. I would like to hear more of his combo. Not doubting just love to hear combos.

Mike

yeah ive been trying to get them, as i dont have them on this hard drive. no luck yet. as for his combo....edelbrock heads, intake (not sure which) cam, stock bottom end, and he was running 18 or 19psi, not 20 like i originally said. he ran 9.86@133mph.