Thread: 5 lug axles, carrier, gears for Ford 8.8

Junior SCH Member

5 lug axles, carrier, gears for Ford 8.8

31 spline 5 lug truck axles w/ long studs, 31 spline truck carrier, c-clip eliminators, and 4.10 gear. Great way to convert to 5 lug, asking $500. This stuff fits Ford 8.8.

Gary Putnam
    785-826-1683

is this all i will need?

hello gary,

i have long wanted to convert my setup to a 5 lug but have been hesitating since it means new brakes/ wheels/ tires. soooooo much money you know what i mean. is this all i will need other than those things to convert my 93 gt to a 5 lug or not? please let me know. how much hp/ tq will this withstand, same as stock or stronger because it is 31 spline - i am guesing stronger. what did you have it on before? or did you have it on anything? thankyou for your time.
    -troy
    93 black gt

Junior SCH Member
    Hi Troy, This stuff is a little stronger than stock but nothing like aftermarket stuff. I put them in my car early in the project but went a different direction with the power and went ahead and got Strange axles and spool. You can reuse your factory brakes but of course you'll need wheels. I'm not gonna stay here too long, my computer has been acting up very bad this week and locks up without any warning. If you would like to talk about this stuff please call me, I have only been able to get online with this thing about once a day for very short period of time.

Gary Putnam
    Putnam Performance and Fabrication
    785-826-1683
    I am usually always home after 5pm central time. If I don't answer please leave a message and I'll call you back.