Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
dyno appointment time
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dyno appointment time

Senior SCH Member

dyno appointment time

i have an appointment for next week on tuesday. whats some guess's on what i'll be making? i'm hoping to break 400.
    heres my mods
    306 with 10.13 forged pistons
    novi1000@10psi
    351w dooe heads with mild port work
    crane 1.6 roller rockers
    trickflow stage 1 cam
    trickflow streetheat intake
    FMS 65mm throttle body
    FMS 36lb injectors
    Walbro 255 intank pump
    C&L 76mm MAF
    electric fan
    MSD 6A
    complete BBK exhaust with flowmasters

Senior SCH Member
    i'm figuring about
    120hp for the blower
    30-40 for the heads
    20 for the cam
    25 for the intake
    25 for the exhaust
    20 for misc like MAF, throttle body, ect.
    thats about 240 there. add that to the 225 stock and hopefully be at 465 range. am i wishful thinking? i hope not.

Senior SCH Member
    i'm going to say around 425, but you never know.

Heck out of my combo I figured its around the 450 range, but it never got dynoed
    89 GT - old combo -AOD, S-trimed, 302, stock short block - 6.67@106 with a 1.60 60ft, 4.10 gears. dyno 474rwhp, best in 1/4 3.55 gears 10.83@128 1.67
    Damn them stock cranks :(
    new comb in the works Dart 331 turbo :D

98 GT - its a turd, but I like it ;)
    00 F-250 CC PSD 2WD- chip, converter

Senior SCH Member
    thats what i'm hoping for. just as long as i pass the 400 mark i'll be happy. i just don't want to push it anymore than that though with using the factory block. i'd like to put a set of AFR heads later on but i'm afraid it will be too much for the block. hopefully get it tuned and running good then i'll start saving for an R block. then the real fun will begin. start off with a novi 2000 then some AFR 185's then some of this and some of that. it just keeps going on and on doesn't it? god, this has to be the best addiction :D

i think you can bust 400 slider. If it dosen't put some 116, give the distributor a twist!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    my timing right now is at 10. hopefully he can crank it on up some.

Senior SCH Member
    well just got back from the dyno. the stupid C&L meter kept me from breaking 400 today. i ordered a pro-m and have to go back next friday. the highest i seen today was 366. that was on 10 base timing and 13 total. plenty of room there to play with the timing next friday. he said i should have no problem breaking over 400 with the pro-m. i pegged the C&L meter out at about 4000rpms, starting going lean real quick.

At least you were at a shop that is familiar with the type of car and knew what the problem was.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

I say with a little more tuning & the new meter 400 is possible, run a little race gas as suggested and bump the timing :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member
    you ought to have seen all the mustangs there. there had to have been at least 20 mustangs there. all of them had blowers on them. pretty sweet cars there.

Senior SCH Member
    he said that he does alot of mustangs there. i can't wait to get back up there next week to see what she will do with some aggresive timing.

paul's is suposed to be a pretty good shop....

Senior SCH Member
    i wasn't to impressed with the setup in the dyno room but then again thats the first time i have ever had it done. he had the computers just setting on an old fold out table and on the concrete floor. he definately has a heck of a resto shop though. nice paint booth and all. he said that they are 5 years backed up on restoring anyones car. they had an older mustang that they were restoring. they put a fully independant suspension all the way around and they put an 03 cobra motor and tranny in it. it looked bad-*** so far. i'll take my camera back up with me next week and take a few pics if they'll let me.

dyno rooms are uncluttered for a reason LOL..

i'm a long way from getting my car finished... :(

Senior SCH Member
    you know where i can host a video? i'll make one up real quick of me there today.