Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
novi1000 question

Thread: novi1000 question

Junior SCH Member

Unhappy novi1000 question

hi, im new to this site and im thinking about buying a novi1000. i have a 91 mustang gt my motor is stock with mac long tube's xpipe and 2chamber flowmaster's the tranny's a a.o.d. with shiftkit and a 2500 stall and 373's out back. my question is will a novi 1000 be enough to beat a stock ls1 camaro ss.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stangzilla
    hi, im new to this site and im thinking about buying a novi1000. i have a 91 mustang gt my motor is stock with mac long tube's xpipe and 2chamber flowmaster's the tranny's a a.o.d. with shiftkit and a 2500 stall and 373's out back. my question is will a novi 1000 be enough to beat a stock ls1 camaro ss.
    you should be around 280rwhp with just the blower, i imagine that would be enoughto beat an ls1, if not, get a power pipe :)

you should be able beat an SS like you were beatin' him with a hickory stick ;) :D

Yes you should be able to beat him :)
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    SS's are way fun to beat-up on...........but my car likes the taste of new C-5 Vette's better.
    I like to see their faces after I put 25 car lengths on them. :D

Welcome to the site.....you'll love the power of the NOVI 1000
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

Junior SCH Member
    thank's guy's you just dont no the dumb little smerk's i'v been getting from this guy in his camaro ss. you know those ls1 driver's think that they just cant get it handed to them... there *** that is.................

Junior SCH Member
    on top that i am so tired of beaten import's it's not even funny any more. maybe the sound of the novi1000 will scare them away.......

SCH Member
    Well i dont know if you will just spank a LS1 but it will be close. It will depend on the driver and tire set up the two cars have. I have a few other mods than just the blower but I can tell you for sure you should wax a LT1 Firebird that has mods. I beat one by 3 car lengths and we let off in 3rd. I have a 5 speed 93.

Junior SCH Member

Unhappy

someone at musclemotors told me that i would beat a ls1 being that my car is lighter then a camaro ss. im running on 18x9 2000 cobra r's and my car is lowered 2inch's and im thinking of getting a set of 18inch nitto drag radial's do you think that will be a good setup for the street......
    Last edited by stangzilla; 02-20-2004 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stangzilla
    someone at musclemotors told me that i would beat a ls1 being that my car is lighter then a camaro ss. im running on 18x9 2000 cobra r's and my car is lowered 2inch's and im thinking of getting a set of 18inch nitto drag radial's do you think that will be a good setup for the street......
    If you race from a stop and you can hook good you should do well against a stock LS1, you need to watch them from a roll and from the 1/8 mile on at the track that is where I've seen most of the LS1's "wake-up" and surprise a few guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    thank's 5150lx, i think im going to get a fiberglass hatch and hood and im also thinking of ether a novi1000 with a 8 crankpulley or just get a novi2000. im on a 5k budget so im trying to even out my money so that i can get to do more mod's in the future. so what would be a good combo for me to be able to beat a ls1 with ease.

SCH Member
    well if i had 5k i think i would start building a stroker motor and get the blower later.
    93 5.0 LX Silver Coupe w/ chorme pony's on nitto drag radials. Mods: NOVI 1000, 8"crank, Performer Inake, 70mm TB, 75mm PRO-M, 24lb injectors, 255lph fuel pump, adj. fuel pressure regulator, eql headers, off road H-pipe, flowmasters, 373 gear, electric Fan, ect. Stock Long Block.
    http://www.partyclemson.com/photo_photo.aspx?user=25599&photo=37926

Depends on how you use your car honestly. If you run it only on the street then the suspension set-up needs to be streetable, if it's a duel duty and you do your racing at a track, you can get you an extra set of rear sticky tires on some 15" wheels and do a couple other suspension mods for track use like removing the front swaybar. I would also put more work into the AOD, Drop IAN a pm and he can give you the info on Lentech AOD components. You have alot of room to work with 5k at hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    im thinking of replacing the rear spring's with a set of coilover's, also! will the 305/40/18 nitto drag radial's be ok for the street. i use the car on the street everyday and how long do you think the aod would hold up with the novi1000 at 8-10 psi of boost. the novi1000 will be my very first supercharger and i cant wait to feel the power!

The Novi 1000 with the 8" crank and a powerpipe will make big power for you....if you stuck on some heads and a intake you'll be flying.
    I have combo based on that so I know first hand how a simple combo like that can do wonders. I pulled my block apart this winter to find that I had cracked my mains....although I'm not making as much power as some on this board, it's still in block cracking range which proves that you don't need a bigger power adder or stoker when your still playing with the stock block cause Novi 1k can do enough damage on its own. :D
    Last edited by sinner; 02-21-2004 at 12:16 PM.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods