Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Novi 1000 question....

SCH Member
    well i went w/ the blower first but i know a guy that went with the afr 185s, a cam and RPM intake but has a stock gear and i have a 373 and i am faster than he is

Thanks everybody!
    1992 Titanium Frost 5.0L LX Coupe (1 of 253). 5-Speed. Cobra intake, FRPP 65mm TB, Pro-M 75mm Bullet MAM, Pro-5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 1 clutch, FRPP Alum. DS, Dynomax Ultra-Flo cat back, CGS subframes, March Power & Amp pulleys, Moroso CAI, 3G Alt.

One more question........ How safe will the Novi1000 be on my motor, it's at 89,000 miles? Any issues running it in the winter? Temps here get into the single digits.........
    1992 Titanium Frost 5.0L LX Coupe (1 of 253). 5-Speed. Cobra intake, FRPP 65mm TB, Pro-M 75mm Bullet MAM, Pro-5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 1 clutch, FRPP Alum. DS, Dynomax Ultra-Flo cat back, CGS subframes, March Power & Amp pulleys, Moroso CAI, 3G Alt.

SCH Member
    well my car has about 120k on it and it seems to be doing OK but as far as the winter thing goes i dont think you are suppose to start the engine if it is below 25 deg. It is either you cant start if or if you do start it you have to let it warm up before you drive it.

well here's my thoughts. Worse comes to worse and i had to drive the car and i was nervous about the cold start up all i'd do is take off the belt till it warmed up. 3-9/16" bolts. Cause when it's cold around here(snowing) you can't use more than 100 horses anyway.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Okay I consulted the owners manual....
    "In order to achieve the low noise level of Paxton Superchargers, Paxton specifies precise manufacturing procedures that call for minimal internal clearances. These precise tolerances, however, are not conducive to temperatures below 25*F. Therefore storing the vehicle in a heated garage and/or aftermarket engine blanket is required when the vehicle is subjected to a "cold start-up" in ambient temperatures below 25*F. Failure to comply with this may result in immediate supcharger failure and invalidate the superchargers warrenty.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Quote Originally Posted by sinner
    Okay I consulted the owners manual....
    "In order to achieve the low noise level of Paxton Superchargers, Paxton specifies precise manufacturing procedures that call for minimal internal clearances. These precise tolerances, however, are not conducive to temperatures below 25*F. Therefore storing the vehicle in a heated garage and/or aftermarket engine blanket is required when the vehicle is subjected to a "cold start-up" in ambient temperatures below 25*F. Failure to comply with this may result in immediate supcharger failure and invalidate the superchargers warrenty.

Crap! Well, I guess that kills that idea........ Back to looking at the Kenne Bell - they told me "as long as the engine will run, there will be no problem with the blower". Damn!

Thanks everybody!!

If you want this style of blower get a V-1 S-Trim. Those things last forever.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    If you want this style of blower get a V-1 S-Trim. Those things last forever.

I don't want that much noise, though.

Awww, what's wrong with a little "whine" :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Trying to keep things as covert as possible.......... :)

I see, someone likes to do a little street racing I presume :D
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

Nah.....that was 15 years ago. I just want the power to be there, if I need it, without advertising the fact.

tell'm the waterpump is going out! always worked for my cause i got a crappy summit plastic overflow that didn't jive with my radiator last year.

Yup, bad alt. bearing usually works too :D