Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Novi 1000 question....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Novi 1000 question....

Novi 1000 question....

I contacted Paxton about a Novi 1000 for my Mustang, and was told that the 1000 would not be a good choice with my mods (see sig.). Here is what they said.......

I think that the novi 1000 will not work for your set up. I dont think
    that the novi 1000 will push enough air to creat boost with all of your
    mods.

What are your opinions.......??

Thanks!
    1992 Titanium Frost 5.0L LX Coupe (1 of 253). 5-Speed. Cobra intake, FRPP 65mm TB, Pro-M 75mm Bullet MAM, Pro-5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 1 clutch, FRPP Alum. DS, Dynomax Ultra-Flo cat back, CGS subframes, March Power & Amp pulleys, Moroso CAI, 3G Alt.

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    I got a ton more mods than you do ! (not bragging ,I'm just stating the facts)

The NOVI 1000 works awesomely for me. (i'm sure a 2000 would be better)

I see 14lbs of pressure, and my heads and intake are fully race prepped and
    fully ported/polished.
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

SCH Member
    i think a novi 1000 will do just fine for you. I have performor intake, 70mm TB, 75mm maf, eql length headers, off road H-pipe, ect. but i do have a stock long block and i just bought a 1000 kit and had it put on and it works great. I dont have a boost gauge yet so I am not sure how much boost i am getting and i have not taken it to the track so I dont know what times i will run but i have done a little stop light racing and have blown the doors off a car that ran dead even w/ me before i charged my stang. So unless you have the money for a 2000 i would get the 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by cevtv
    .....What are your opinions.......??

Thanks!
    My opinion......Whoever you talked to needs to lay off the crack pipe :D

No offense meant but you have a very mild bolt-on combo, the 1000 will work great for your application. With that said, if you have the $$$ to step right up to the Novi 2000 then I would say start there. If you are looking for a solid performing entry level blower then get the 1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

That setup will work with the Novi 1000! They were just telling you that becuase they want you to buy the 2000! Also be aware that the new style 1000 doesn't make as much boost as the old one unless you want to void the warrenty by changing the blower pulley!
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

Quote Originally Posted by cevtv
    I contacted Paxton about a Novi 1000 for my Mustang, and was told that the 1000 would not be a good choice with my mods (see sig.). Here is what they said.......

What are your opinions.......??

Thanks!
    Glad you took the advice to come here and get some more opinions....I told you the blower works great :D
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

you got stock heads and intake and they told you the novi 1000 won't keep up eh?

WOW...thats pretty steep If it is a budget thing get the 1000 but if you have the money to get the 2000 I highly reccomend it.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

It will work great.

As mentioned you have to remember that every company is a salesman. They would much rather sell you a 2K over the 1.

Ian

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX

No offense meant but you have a very mild bolt-on combo, the 1000 will work great for your application. With that said, if you have the $$$ to step right up to the Novi 2000 then I would say start there. If you are looking for a solid performing entry level blower then get the 1000.

Amen to that!

A 1000 will be fine. Listen to us for sure. The original NoviPower crew was practically (and should have been considered as) an unpaid detachment r/d (research and development) team due to our experimentation with the 1ks since their introduction to the market.

Hmmm I wonder why the plastic discharge tube is no more ohh not to mention that the NEW 1ks are a 2 belt system instead of a single belt system... OHHHHH, but good ol paxton STILL does not include a bypass valve with kit... Some people just never learn :) Maybe they didn't read our posts griping about that ;)

LOL

Good luck with your decision and know that the 1k will STEP UP TO THE PLATE!

-Chris
    Last edited by Goliath5.0; 02-17-2004 at 03:58 PM.
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX

No offense meant but you have a very mild bolt-on combo, the 1000 will work great for your application.
    None taken. :) That's basically what I'm after - a mild street set-up for a true daily driver. I just can't decide between AFR 165's or the Novi 1000....... :D

Quote Originally Posted by sinner
    Glad you took the advice to come here and get some more opinions....I told you the blower works great
    I was lurking here, but since you suggested it....... ;)

Thanks everybody! Now I just need to decide.....AFR's or the Novi......... :(
    1992 Titanium Frost 5.0L LX Coupe (1 of 253). 5-Speed. Cobra intake, FRPP 65mm TB, Pro-M 75mm Bullet MAM, Pro-5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 1 clutch, FRPP Alum. DS, Dynomax Ultra-Flo cat back, CGS subframes, March Power & Amp pulleys, Moroso CAI, 3G Alt.

You get more power out of the 1000, but you'll have more in it. Do the 165's...at least thats my opinion.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

You could always do the 165's and a nitrous kit :D, cost you close to what the 1000 would, maybe a little more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Get the N1k to start off with. Then add some cheap gt-40ps or ported stock heads and 10 psi you will be rockin'
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

I vote blower first
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Blower first motor later!
    You cant turn up the boost on a set of heads :)