Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
SN95 / Novi 2000 belt question?

Thread: SN95 / Novi 2000 belt question?

Junior SCH Member

SN95 / Novi 2000 belt question?

First my accessory belt is way too loose. Does anyone have a 95 stang without AC (no pulley)? If so what size belt are you using? Second, I have the stock pulley and belt that came with the Novi 2000 kit on my car and may be getting some slippage. Is this a common problem? Is there a different (better) Belt that I can get? Thanks.

For the accessory belt, just go to the auto parts store and get the next size smaller belt, I had to do this a few times and finally found a belt that fit after changing the accessories around. You can get a general idea of the belt length by running a string around the pullies. I don't know if Paxton still ships Dayco Polycog belts with their Novi kits but that belt served me well, you might just need to tension it a little more.

Last edited by Hustler; 02-18-2004 at 09:30 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    Can you adjust the tensioner?

Yep, there is a long screw which moves the tensioner/idler pulley up and down, for putting on and taking off the belt. Look behind the top idler if you have the dual idler setup and you can see the long screw, it comes up to a bolt where you can attach a socket to it. Just use a small socket with a thin extension and it will start pushing the idler onto the belt or loosen it depending on which way you turn the socket wrench. You don't want it that tight though, so tighten it up some, go for a drive and then see if it helps. If not, come back and tighten it a lil more. If you tighten it too much your front main bearings will wear prematurely.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks. I'll look at it tomorrow when I get home. Later,

Bobby