Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questioning my choice of gears

it would be ok but still 3.55 would be better. 3.27 would be more of a turbo friendly gear
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

SCH Member
    uuuh..belay my last..
    Last edited by Hella Good; 05-26-2004 at 05:09 AM.

SCH Member
    I think a lot of the folks here like the 3.55's. Seems to be the happy medium between weekend/stoplight warrior and highway cruiser. My buddy ISLANDLX runs 3.55's on a Novi 1K (but automatic) and it's a wonderful cruiser that still creates fear.
    I'm running 3.73's now on a T-5 manual with 275/40/17's (and thank god I didn't go 4.11's) and
    it rocks around town with an F-150 crank pulley and 2.75 blower pulley. Where I live the fastest legal roads are 45, and "occasional sustained sprints in excess of 2 times the classified legal speed limit here (heh heh)" reveal a "winded screaming motor." The girlfriend loves it (but she's a freak anyway ), but I'm not sure how driving it for several hundred miles would be.
    Originally I set my blower car up and ran it on 2.73's for almost a year so anything had to be an improvement. Unless you set them up yourself ( which I did, because nobody here would do them- so I taught myself and saved some money) , I don't know if going from 3.27's to 3.55's would really make you happier (it's not even a 10 percent change). Try living with the setup and running it under various conditions before you decide. I'f I originally had 3.27's and with the F-150/2.75 pulley setup ('cos boost comes in really fast now), I probably wouldn't have changed.
    Last edited by Hella Good; 05-27-2004 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hella Good
    The girlfriend loves it (but she's a freak anyway )
    is that her in your avitar cuz man, she is hella good

I have 3.73 gears. All things considered, I'm wishing I had 3.27. Why? I don't street race anymore, all but gave up drag racing and gas is getting hella-expensive. It's mostly weekend cruiser and show car now a days. Sad but true. It's fun but the gears were the second thing I changed on the car(mufflers were first.) OK, actually pulling the air silencer out was first but I don't count that. ;) I needed the gears back then, I don't now.
    92 Stang LX 5-spd
    Novi1K(old), Cobra Intake, 70mm TB, 90mm MAF, 1.7rr, E-303, GT-40 heads, 30#, 190 lph, Crane Hi-6, FRPP ceramic headers, Summit H-pipe, Edelbrock RPM cat back, 3.73, MAC springs 2" drop, Megabite Jr's, F-150 crank pulley, 2.75" blower pulley, Morpheus pipe, Fidanza AFW, McLeod kevlar clutch, lots of shiny pointless stuff.
    (BlueRevenge on Stangnet forums)
    12.2 @ 114 mph (everyday street tires a few mods ago)

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RydeOn
    is that her in your avitar cuz man, she is hella good
    ..God bless ya Rydeon.. That's "Karma," (Iona Chester). The girl rocked. She was, and still is, hella good. She went back home to Georgia a year ago and is now driving Handi-van's for the city of Atlanta. The new girlfriend, well, apparently when she got named her parents had a love for Chevrolets

..I been meaning to get a new avatar up since Doug stole mine and I've been using my favorite Iona photo since. I love my car, but fact is this: Iona is better.
    Last edited by Hella Good; 05-27-2004 at 01:25 PM.