Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
HELP :( plz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP :( plz

Junior SCH Member

HELP :( plz

i just finished up my novi 1k install, and well, took it out and im only seeing 1 pound and every once in a while ill get lucky and get 3 but for just a split second, thought maybe the by-pass valve so i went ahead and took it off and pluged it, thought maybe belt was slipppin, but its not and its tight, im out of ideas, only other thing i can think of is maybe i have a underdrive crank pulley on my car, what size is the stock pulley ?? plz help, i know the boost gauge is hooked up correct and i have no vacum leaks.

Junior SCH Member
    ok i measured my crank pulley and it appears to be around 4 3/4 inchs, is this stock, or is it underdrive, and is this why im seeing hardly no boost

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    Which NOVI 1000 do you have : The single belt or the twin belt ?
    If its the single belt set-up then you're crank pulley should measure 6" across
    at the minimum. If you have a under-drive pulley you WILL-NOT be able to make any boost.
    If its the twin belt set-up then make sure all you're clamps after the blower are tight......also verify that your boost guage is pulling its vacuum/boost reference from the upper intake somewhere.
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

As frank said if you have a single belt kit you are gonna need a new crank pulley. I suggest an F 150 pulley. If you go that route you can do a search and find out all sorts of info.:)
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    I have a F-150 crank pullie for $20.oo if you want it.
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

Junior SCH Member
    o thank god, i hope this is it, i have the single belt setup and the crank pulley is only 4 3/4, and frank i may be very intrested in the pulley

If he passes on the pulley Frank, I want it. :)
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Quote Originally Posted by 89ntrcptr
    o thank god, i hope this is it, i have the single belt setup and the crank pulley is only 4 3/4, and frank i may be very intrested in the pulley
    Yup this is why you are seeing next to no boost. Stock pulley is 6", F-150 is 6.5"

As is stands now, here's what you are spinning the blower to at 6k RPM's

4.75" pulley- 33630 rpm's
    6" - 42480 rpm's
    F-150- 46020 rpm's

As you can see, you are leaving nearly 10k rpm's on the table compared to a stock 6" pulley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    well i should find out today, should be getting my stock pulley in the mail today, ill throw it on and go buy a new belt and give it a try,

[whispers] get the f-150 crank pulley :) [/whispers]
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Junior SCH Member
    only if i had my fuel system upgraded :( and i didnt get the pulley like i was supose to either :(

I can beat any price on the F-150 crank pulley for $19.95 :D Just kidding. Seriously, Dan, if Frank sells his and you still need one, let me know cause I have my F-150 laying around since I am working on getting this 8" one to fit. If Frank doesn't sell his, I don't want to take his sale away from you. You guys work it out and let me know. But I do have mine and will sell it if you know somebody who wants it.

Chris
    Elevation kills boost!
    LX = 13.47 @ 102.49, 1.80 60', at 6900' DA
    Cobra = 12.82 @ 109.25, 1.98 60' at 5400' DA

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_H
    I can beat any price on the F-150 crank pulley for $19.95 :D Just kidding. Seriously, Dan, if Frank sells his and you still need one, let me know cause I have my F-150 laying around since I am working on getting this 8" one to fit. If Frank doesn't sell his, I don't want to take his sale away from you. You guys work it out and let me know. But I do have mine and will sell it if you know somebody who wants it.

Chris
    Double post, it's too early in the morning to be doing this :p
    ~Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_H

Chris
    I sent him a M.O. last week so my F150 pulley should be on it's way!! In addition to that, I ordered a 2.75" blower pulley. I'm hoping those two pulley's will make close to 10 psi on a stock motor. Thanks for the offer though Chris. Someone will see you have one for sale and jump on it.
    ~Dan

Junior SCH Member
    well i put the stock pulley one and im only gettin 3psi now, and it takes a bit for it to build up. What gives? if you have any ideas let me know THX