Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
D1SC Renegade Bracket Pics Needed!

Thread: D1SC Renegade Bracket Pics Needed!

Junior SCH Member

Exclamation D1SC Renegade Bracket Pics Needed!

Ever since I have purchased my D1SC kit I have had a huge problem with belt shredding. I made sure all the pulleys were in line and the braces were attached. It still would shred the belt and the only thing I can think of it bracket flex. I purchased a set of renegade brackets to hopefully help cure this and get rid of my A/C compressor. But from what I am hearing I have to get rid of my PS too. I like my power steering and want to keep it. Let me know what options I have and if you have any, post some pics! thanks

Joe
    1992 GT:
    358W, ported Vic Jr's, Hogan sheet metal intake, AFM PMS, Procharger D1sc @ 16lbs boost, twin 255 pumps, etc etc etc.

1993 Notch:
    306, ported TW heads, TF intake, F-303 cam, full Maximum Motorsport suspension and some cool paint. Soon to have a SN-89 charger on it!---SOLD :(

1995 GT: couple bolt on's

Joe,

I used the renegade brackets with my D1SC. You have to delete your A/C, and either delete or move your P/S. ProCharger sells a bracket to move the P/S to the other side of the car.

Ian

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks Ian, Is your car ps deleted or relocated?? I was wondering with the relocation how difficult it is and if there are any install pics or pics of it. I like how the blower sits closer to the block.
    1992 GT:
    358W, ported Vic Jr's, Hogan sheet metal intake, AFM PMS, Procharger D1sc @ 16lbs boost, twin 255 pumps, etc etc etc.

1993 Notch:
    306, ported TW heads, TF intake, F-303 cam, full Maximum Motorsport suspension and some cool paint. Soon to have a SN-89 charger on it!---SOLD :(

1995 GT: couple bolt on's

Joe,

In my case, I deleted the A/C and P/S. I do know 100% that ProCharger offers the bracket, but I have not seen it myself.

The renegade brackets are VERY nice, and VERY strong.

Ian

Junior SCH Member crazystang331's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian

Ian
    Ian,
    What size pulley are u running. And what is the belt number? I just got a 3.70 12 rib pulley and i can't find the belt for it. I know it needs to be 58 inches long. I just can't find out who makes it.

THANKS
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/crazystang331 88 MUSTANG LX
    331 SPORTSMAN AFR 185 PROCHARGER D1

Sorry all the parts were sold months ago and I forget :)

I picked up my belts from NAPA or ProCharger themselves.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    I have the renegade bracket on my setup. It is very strong and real nice. However with my stickshift setup it still will shred belts from flex caused by getting in and out of throttle between gears constantly loading and unloading the motor. I need to make a flex brace. Basically a heim joint style control arm.

Ian,

Did you ever get the chance to run that thing before you took it off? You did take it off right?

K.

Kelly,

Nope never, yes it is off and long sold with all my other parts. A brand new 408 will be replacing it - no power adders.

Ian