Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
YS reliability

Thread: YS reliability

Senior SCH Member

Question YS reliability

How reliable are Vortech superchargers? this would be on a street car, do these units have to be rebuilt? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Alex

Senior SCH Member
    very reliable IMO. I cannot speak for the street guys, but I know I overspun my YS to 71K impeller speed on just about everypass for 2 years with out a problem. I have sold quite a few YS trims to street guys that I have not heard of any problems, none that called and screamed at me anyway............hehe.
    Spence

8.96/160

Senior SCH Member
    I love my YS! Never had a problem I didn't cause myself.

I've had an s and a ys...never given me a days trouble when my car was a street car or more of a race car.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

I've had an S-trim, HD S-Trim, Y-Trim and now a YSi. Never had a failure. Never had a problem......well except for the ones that were my fault HAHA!

Junior SCH Member

ysi

Quote Originally Posted by Spence
    very reliable IMO. I cannot speak for the street guys, but I know I overspun my YS to 71K impeller speed on just about everypass for 2 years with out a problem. I have sold quite a few YS trims to street guys that I have not heard of any problems, none that called and screamed at me anyway............hehe.
    ..i have a ysi kit on my 91 lx with a 393 stroker..i only am putting 10 lb of boost out with thw 3.33 pulley...i have 42 lb injectors..it made 520 rwhp off 93 octane fuel...should i have a chip burned for my car? also will the 42 lb injectors be enough for the low 10 lb of boost...got any help? thanks, curtis