Thread: Decide for sure now?

Junior SCH Member

Decide for sure now?

Hey all-

Most of the parts are in (waiting on crank) and most of the plan is assembled for the new motor. All's that's left is figuring out the EFI system and what pullies to run.

This is my first time having a high performance engine built and I have, what most will probably think, an elementary question.

Once the engine's together and tuned, what happens if I want to change a pully and run more boost (say on pully size down)? Does it need to go back on the dyno to get retuned? Will the custom cam no longer be ideal? Will I need new parts like injectors?

Just want to try and get it right the first time.

Thanks-
    Craig
    1965 Mustang fastback (GT clone). Full Griggs Racing GR-350 suspension. HD Currie 9". Baer 13"&12" PBR's.
    T56 (Mustang version) being
    installed. Dart block 348 (302 based) with EFI Novi 2000 (9-10lbs) almost done.

One pulley size smaller, which might equate to a 2-3 psi change shouldn't require a completely different tune to get it to run, but you should fix up the fuel and ignition maps to match the additin of more air to take advantage of it. You shouldn't need to swap in another cam unless you change your direction with the car. As long as you want it to be a driver where you can cruise to shows etc and have a car that makes power quickly on the street I would stick with what you have. Until you have the blower running at full tilt and are just racing it trying to get the power you can, I would stick with the cam you have. The setup you have now will be more than enough to keep your tires begging for mercy as it is once its running right.