Thread: I know a 2.95 pulley should make 12 #

NEW HAMPSHIRE/NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS COUNTRY!!

I know a 2.95 pulley should make 12 #

But do I need to change the belt too or just the pulley, my lower is the stock size..... tony
    1988 triple white conv gt
    dss 331 pro bullet 8.5:1,, vortech v-2 sq w/aftercooler and powerpipe, tfs track heat intake , 70mm acufab t/b,,42# inj with 80mm pro-m, tfs t/w heads w/ 600 springs,1.6 svo rkrs, afm b-31 cam, screamin demon ign sys with a 6a, mass air conv with a9l, 255 in tank w/ a t rex ext,,kirban fuel reg with gauge, bbk full length's ,dr.gas x pipe, with 2 chamb flow/m, 373's and new built Tremec TKO, anderson 04 PMS..

Hi Tony,

You can run the stock lower pulley, however you my need to get a short belt, you will have to check your belt once you have your new pulley installed to make sure your that the belt is not running to loose or you my not see all of your performance under a heavy load because of the belt slipping.

C U L8R,
    Kyle

take in consideration that you have a 331 and an aftercooler. even though you may not see the number on the gauge, it's making all kinds of power. Whats your altitude?

I'd exhaust every possibilty before i gave up though. LOL :D

double check the belt and make sure your tensioner isn't maxed out.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

NEW HAMPSHIRE/NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS COUNTRY!!
    no clue what alt I'm at, I wouldn't say anymore than few hundred to 500 feet above sea level.. Yah, I'm sticking with what I have for know,, i ran into some probs after I posted this, and had to use money for new radiator/fan, new rear end, and a roll cage. So I'll upgrade boost down the road.. I also don't need headgasket probs with high boost... tony