Thread: novi 2000 sits to high on 351w block??

novi 2000 sits to high on 351w block??

WAT UP FELLAS HEY WOULD ANY1 KNO WAT EXACTLY NEEDS TO BE DONE TO THE BRACKET THAT BOLTS ON TO THE CYLINDR HEAD IN ORDER TO BRING DOWN THE HEAD UNIT ? I JUST PUT EVERYTHIN TOGETHER AND THE BLOWER ITS SELF SIT'S HIGHER THAN MY FENDER CAUSING NO CLEARANCE TO CLOSE MY HOOD. I KNEW I HAD TO GET A COWL HOOD CUS D 351W IS TALLER BUT THE CLEARANCE ISSUE IS NOT IN THE MIDDLE IT'S ON THE PASSANGER SIDE THE NOVI KIT IS FOR A 302 . LAST THING IM GONNA START IT FOR THE FIRST TIME , WAT TIMING SHOULD I START WIT ? ITS PULLEY'D FOR BOUT 8-10 PSI ANY HELP WAT BE APPRECIATED THANX

Senior SCH Member
    For the clearance issue I think I remember that http://www.alternativeauto.com/index.html would modify the bracket for it to work. Maybe someone else will chime in and confirm. Bascially the difference is just shy of 1" in height between the 302 and the 351.

I run a passenger side novi on a 351 but I have a K-member with 1.5 inch of drop and it fits under a 1.5 raised cowl hood.

Yeah you are talking about the main brace bracket, Lidio at alternative auto would modify these brackets for people putting Vortech/Paxton's on 351w's since they both used the same main brace. Some people have been able to find competent machine shops to do the work as well. I believe someone documented doing just this, some member from Texas if I recall correctly. I would do a search and see what you can find. Saleen91 was his name possibly?

Junior SCH Member
    Lidio at Alternative Auto no longer does the mod. I just talked to him yesterday. I need the mod done too. Might have to look at doing it myself.

Can't believe paxton doesn't offer a 351 bracket. There must be enough ppl that install them on 351's that would buy it.