Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Most HP, Fastest ET with YSi? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most HP, Fastest ET with YSi?

Does anyone happen to have numbers for what they made power wise or ran et wise with the ys vs the ysi if nothing else changed?
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

I talked to Brian Anderson ( he used to run renegade ) when i first got my ysi and he said on the dyno, on his car, the ysi was making atleast 50+ hp throughout the power band than the ys. He did notgive me any ET.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HazMat
    ren352..sounds like a nice combo. What are you using for tunning? FAST, PMS, etc? Are you going to use an air-to-water or air-to-air? How much boost are you going to run?
    Our combo's are going to be close. I just pulled out my 302 and am putting in a 345 w/TEA ported Vic Jr.s and custom solid roller.
    Good luck and keep us posted. I will do the same.
    I am using an AEM EMS, dual intank walbros with a KB boostapump if I ever need it, and a giant air-to-air cooler. I am hoping to run around 20 pounds of boost on pump gas with my low compression (7.2:1) and then spin the YSi as hard as it will go and try to max it out on C16 :D My brackets came in on Monday, and I got it running late last night (I still have to plumb the cooler though) and it sounds great. I am running a passenger side straight discharge YSI, car still has A/C and P/S.
    1993 Mustang Saleen Clone
    Dart Block 352", 225CC TFS-R Heads, TFS Box Intake, YSi-Trim, Griffin Air-to-Air Intercooler, Cammotion Solid Roller, AEM EMS, Kooks Headers, Tremec TKO

That sure is a very low compression. I ran 8.6 on my 302 and am running 8.5 on my 345. I was spinning the ysi to about 66, 000-67,000 rpm which is just above advertised absolute max of 65,000. I was seeing 27psi after the air-to-water. I think you are pushing it with 20 psi on pump gas. Just my opinion but i think you would be happier with a little higher compression. Remember, it's going take a bit of HP to get that ysi going. Heck most of the turbo guys run atleast 8.0:1. Some of the guys running renegade are running 9 or 9.5:1. I am very interested to hear how it goes. Please keep us posted.

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RdRunnr
    Does anyone happen to have numbers for what they made power wise or ran et wise with the ys vs the ysi if nothing else changed?
    Back to back from the YS to the YSi (same pullies) I dropped around 15 lb/ft of torque at 3,000 RPM and gained around 50 HP at 6,800 RPM. I have not spun my YSi at full speed yet but made the same power with a larger supercharger pulley.

Quote Originally Posted by itlkick
    Back to back from the YS to the YSi (same pullies) I dropped around 15 lb/ft of torque at 3,000 RPM and gained around 50 HP at 6,800 RPM. I have not spun my YSi at full speed yet but made the same power with a larger supercharger pulley.

how did your tq #'s compare?

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HazMat
    how did your tq #'s compare?
    horsepower = (torque * RPM ) / 5252 so at 6,800 RPM if my HP was up by 50 then torque would be up by:

Torque = ( horsepower * 5252 ) / RPM or
    38.6 = ( 50 * 5252) / 6800

So torque was up by 38.6 lb/ft at 6,800 RPM.

Alternativly since my torque was down by 15 at 3000 RPM you can see that power was down (at 3,000 RPM) by 8.5 HP.

8.5 = (15 * 3000) / 5252.

So - the power comes in a little later with the same size pullies (but by a small margin) and then power climbs in a strong curve throughout the entire power range (over the YS).

Sorry about the math - I don't have my dyno sheet here so it was the only way to figure it out.....

Damn you guys have me thinking about the upgrade :)
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Don't hesitate....it is worth it.

But, i am getting rid of mine and am going to a 91mm turbo....tired of playing around!

Junior SCH Member
    As far as peak numbers I am making 851 rwhp and 675 ft lbs. The hp peak is at 6800 and torque peaked at about 6400. This is with a 73 tooth crank and 28 tooth blower cog pulleys. I did the upgrade. I made 655 on pump gas with the YS and 743 rwhp (YSi) with the same tune. There was also a meter upgrade in there so I dont know exactly where the power increase is broken down. I then upgraded from the PMS to FAST and bigger injectors and made the 851. The tune up has me at 22 degrees timing from about 6200 up and air fuel at 10.8:1 with C-16. It is a safe tune up as this is a street car. My best e.t. so far is 9.64 and best mph is only 144. This is a heavy street car and I'm still dialing in the suspension. I'm sure those numbers will go way down with some seat time. I am hoping to bust an 8.99 or better by the end of this year. The upgrade is worth it in my opinion. Or you could just sell the YS head unit and buy the new YSi. Either way Good luck and you wont be disappointed with the YSi.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YSiGonzo
    As far as peak numbers I am making 851 rwhp and 675 ft lbs. The hp peak is at 6800 and torque peaked at about 6400. This is with a 73 tooth crank and 28 tooth blower cog pulleys. I did the upgrade. I made 655 on pump gas with the YS and 743 rwhp (YSi) with the same tune. There was also a meter upgrade in there so I dont know exactly where the power increase is broken down. I then upgraded from the PMS to FAST and bigger injectors and made the 851. The tune up has me at 22 degrees timing from about 6200 up and air fuel at 10.8:1 with C-16. It is a safe tune up as this is a street car. My best e.t. so far is 9.64 and best mph is only 144. This is a heavy street car and I'm still dialing in the suspension. I'm sure those numbers will go way down with some seat time. I am hoping to bust an 8.99 or better by the end of this year. The upgrade is worth it in my opinion. Or you could just sell the YS head unit and buy the new YSi. Either way Good luck and you wont be disappointed with the YSi.
    Gonzo, i'd like to know more about your setup. Wheny ou say you made 655 on pump gas with the YS and 743 with the YSi on the same tune, did you do 743 with the YSi on pump gas? What is the CID of your motor, static compression, what kind of pump gas do you get, and is it intercooled? Thanks a lot.
    1993 Mustang Saleen Clone
    Dart Block 352", 225CC TFS-R Heads, TFS Box Intake, YSi-Trim, Griffin Air-to-Air Intercooler, Cammotion Solid Roller, AEM EMS, Kooks Headers, Tremec TKO

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade352
    Gonzo, i'd like to know more about your setup. Wheny ou say you made 655 on pump gas with the YS and 743 with the YSi on the same tune, did you do 743 with the YSi on pump gas? What is the CID of your motor, static compression, what kind of pump gas do you get, and is it intercooled? Thanks a lot.
    Everything was the same. I had a custom chip and was just interested if the upgrade was worth it. Like I said I put a bigger meter (went from Pro-M 80 to a 92) and ran it just like that. I did add 10 lbs of fuel pressure to keep it from going lean. It made 2 more pounds of boost on my Autometer guage. That was with Sunoco 94 premium nothing else. It's an R based 331 static compression is 8.4:1. That was non intercooled and it still is with my current setup and numbers but with C-16 now. I'm spinning the blower now right around 64,000 rpm's or close to max. Keep in mind I run a huge solid roller cam so it's nowhere near NMRA renegade spec. Also I am running a Victor 5.0 intake which I believe would not be legal. Good luck!!!

Here is my latest dyno pull.

Senior SCH Member
    I found my dyno sheet from earlier when I was running the 73 / 30 tooth combination. It is interesting to see the differences between our two dyno graphs considering the same supercharger. We also have similar cog setups (yours is a little more aggressive). I bet the difference is in the cam...

Junior SCH Member
    That is weird. The intake might have something to do as well. I dont know your combo. Man you were LEAN on that first pull. Even the second one was kinda up there. Mine is at 10.8:1 from about 6000 up and 11.3 or fatter below that. Good luck!!!

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YSiGonzo
    That is weird. The intake might have something to do as well. I dont know your combo. Man you were LEAN on that first pull. Even the second one was kinda up there. Mine is at 10.8:1 from about 6000 up and 11.3 or fatter below that. Good luck!!!
    Yes, it was lean - that is why I left it on the chart when I had it printed. The run that was fatter was actually on 92 octane for the Pump Gas Drags (Hot Rod Magazine). Normally I run a little leaner (but not as lean as the lean run on the chart). I normally select my fuel grade and keep adding fuel (on the dyno) until power drops, as long as it is below 12.5:1 (on good gas) I leave it there. I don't agree with all the talk about needing to be at 10.x:!. I just pulled my engine to go through it after around 10,000 miles and over 200 dyno pulls and it looked perfect inside - no signs of bearing wear or detonation (reading the rod bearings). Just my opinion...

I should also point out that I did blow a headgasket at the Pump Gas Drags (on 92 octane). I don't think it was because the car was too lean but hey - I could be wrong!
    Last edited by itlkick; 05-22-2004 at 10:38 PM.