Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
warranty

Thread: warranty

warranty

Just got my Novi 1000 today it looks great, the compressor is huge compared to a Vortec A-Trim. I was reading the warranty and it says if the supercharger is modified in anyway including changing the pullies it voids warranty! Does that also mean if you add a aftermarket or custom discharge tube then the warranty is voided? I don't know if I can go three years with out trying for more boost. Anyone know the effeciency percentage for the Novi making 5-6 PSI?
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.

Hello,

Yes that is true, you cannot pull the pullies off. We NOVI 1000 guys simply change the crank pulley to get more boost. That way your warranty stays in check and you get more power!

Custom plumbing or piping will not void the warranty.

Ian

Ohh and the NOVI is maxed @ 15lbs so at 6lbs it is not even working.

Ian

Ok thanks, I have heard of you guys using the F-150 pulley, do you have a ford part number for what year of truck? How much boost will I see out of a crank pulley from the F-150? Will stock 19# injectors be ok with a stock motor and 8# of boost. My fuel system will have a 255 in tank pump w/ and adjustable regulator. Thanks for all of your input.

Hello,

The pulley is from a Ford 1996, the 19's will be ok if you use the FMU. With the F150 crank you will get 2-3lbs more.

Ian

Ok thanks, now Muscel Motors sold me a 255 fuel pump a adjustable regulator and the Novi kit came with an FMU and so how do I set up my fuel system? Do I bipass the factory pressure regulator and put the new one in its place and then run that to the FMU?

You replace your FP regulator with the one Jack sold you, install your 255 intank, and run the FMU lines regularly. The regulator has no effect on the FMU install.

Ian

Hey thanks Ian, I am at 6200' of altitude and the track is at 5000+ so I wont see full boost here so that is why I am going to run the F-150 Pulley maybe I'll see 6 with that and a custom Discharge hoose. So if I ever go to a lower track which I plan to I'll need some type of a relief.

Ok now another question, what should be a good baseline fuel pressure reading? And where should I take the reading from, the FP regulator, or the FMU?

Hi Jason915,

Your FMU is secondary to your fuel pressure regulator so you will need to go by the fuel pressure regulator, since that is what sets your base fuel pressure.

I would suggest possibly 39 - 41 (psi) pounds of fuel pressure as a baseline(someone else please chime in if you have a better suggestion please) .

Try your base timing at 10 degrees

Also I would suggest using the AUTOLITE brand spark plug!

If you have STOCK HEADS buy the AUTOLITE 23 spark plug
    or
    If you have ALUMINUM HEADS buy the AUTOLITE 3923 spark plug

This plug in particular is 2 heat ranges colder and will better aid you in avoiding detonation thus it being a colder plug!

Gap your plugs @ 0.35 thousandths

Hope this helps!

thanks man you have been a great help.

Senior SCH Member
    if you are running a stock ignition system the colder plugs might hurt your performance. i went with the autolite 24's and gapped them at .032, it was falling on its face like something awful after 5 lbs of boost. i then tryed delco's which i didn't have good luck with either. i finally settled in on ford motorcraft plugs in a standard heat range and gapped them at .032. this thing really rips now. just my .2

Very good points!

Ian

thanks guys I am glad to find a site devoted to this supercharger I am allready glad I bought the NOVI 1000 instead of the Powerdyne or V-1 A-Trim.