Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

What are some of your Dyno #'s w/ the Novi 2000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are some of your Dyno #'s w/ the Novi 2000

What are some of your Dyno #'s w/ the Novi 2000

Im looking at buying a Novi 2000 in the near future and would like to know what some of you are pulling on the dynos w/ this supercharger. I know alot will vary according to the amount of other mods done. Im pushing a little over 230 at the wheels now, Intake, full exhaust, Pullies 76MM mass air exc exc... so if anyone has mods simmilar to mine ( stock heads/cam) please post your Dyno #'s. This is all on a 1995 GT as well.

Thank you.

PS: I also am going to run an Anderson Power pipe and a 77 or 80MM PRO-M Mass air Meter
    Last edited by RioRedSN95; 03-01-2004 at 04:00 PM.

Well, I have a novi on a car that has a totally stock long block, 42# injectors, pro-m 75, shorties and even the stock h-pipe. I will have numbers march 20th. I"m hopeing for over 320.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

i made around 350/360 intake/cam/tb with 19lb injectors and stock maf untuned. Just to give you an idea. I had 42lb injectors, just had to get the maf recalibrated so I stuck my stock one back on. It woke up after I put those on and went to a quarter inch smaller pulley. I would guess it was in the 400hp range after that.
    Last edited by Hustler; 03-01-2004 at 10:53 PM.

Stock heads/cam, holley intake, 70mm throttle body, 75mm MAF, 50lb injectors, 1 5/8" shorty headers, catted 2.5" h pipe made 325hp/342ft-lbs, conservatively tuned.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

I found some old dyno sheets.

Here are the modifications I had at the time:

stock shortblock, stock heads, e303 cam with new lifters, stock ignition, autolite 3923 plugs, holley intake, accufab 70mm tb, fms shorty unequal headers, bassani x pipe with cats, flowmaster 2 chamber catback (all 2.5 inch stuff), 19lb injectors, stock maf, ASP underdrive pulleys. Stock t5 with king cobra clutch.

I had the car dyno'd at Paxton for a baseline run on their Mustang Dyno. The car was basically untuned

After the blower was installed I took it over to Morgan Motorsports whom have a Dynojet. I had them hookup the wideband o2 so I could see the A/F since I drove the car daily. First run I had them shut it off at 4600 rpm to see where the A/F was before taking it to 5500. You can see in both runs were I was getting Spark blowout and the FMU struggling to feed enough fuel once it started making enough boost. The motor here was also untuned

I put in the msd 6btm and coil to resolve the spark blowout, along with regapping the plugs, 42lb injectors, and 77mm maf later on but never had it dynoed.

Last edited by Hustler; 03-14-2004 at 11:10 PM.

Senior SCH Member
    a guy i know laid down 712rwhp with his. it is tuned by anderson's

Mine dynoed at 344 rwhp w/only the TB, MAF and 30# injectors. (also used MSD 6BTM ignition). stock h/c/i and exhaust.

the novi 2k definitely wakes that motor!
    89 lx 5.0; 5-speed, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF; 30# injectors, 1 5/8 shorty headers, flowmaster catback; novi 2k

Here goes my "Memory like an Elephant" post...

Doug here used to run a Novi 2K on a stock bottom end 5.0.

He had the following mods:

AFR 165's (box stock)
    Trick Flow Intake (unported)
    70mm TB
    36lbrs
    Pro-M 80mm
    1.7 rockers
    Shorty Headers
    Novi 2000 w/stock pulley setup for 10psi
    PowerPipe

The car was equipped with an AOD trans and he still ran a STOCK cam. He put down 472 rwhp and 435 ftlbs. On MT Et streets the little 3000lb Coupe ran 10.8 @ 126mph.

I also know a local guy who I talk to at the cruise nights who runs a Novi 2K

He ran the following

Edelbrock Performer RPM heads (with some clean up work)
    Cobra Intake
    70mm TB
    42's
    80mm Pro-M
    Long Tubes
    B-303 cam
    Novi 2000 w/stock pullies

Car was also a 5 speed. With 20 degrees total timing he spun 498 rwhp. Those are stout numbers considering the intake, cam choice and conservative timing.
    Last edited by TheHawk05; 03-19-2004 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rbridges
    Mine dynoed at 344 rwhp w/only the TB, MAF and 30# injectors. (also used MSD 6BTM ignition). stock h/c/i and exhaust.

the novi 2k definitely wakes that motor!

wow nice thats exactly what Im looking for right now, between 330-350 at the wheels. I dont want to push the stock block/bottom end to much. This is what I will have for mods

70MM TB
    80MM Pro-M Meter
    30LB Injectors
    Anderson Power pipe ( hoping that it will fit)
    MSD Ignition
    MSD BTM

That is what Im putting on the car at the same time of the Install of the Paxton, the following is a list of what is already on the car

Underdrive Pullies
    Full Exhaust
    Cobra Intake
    AL Drive shaft
    C&L 76MM ( ditching it for the Pro-M)

Right now Im at 231 RWHP, Im hoping to bolt on 100 RWPH w/ the Paxton and the supporing mods that are going on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHawk05
    Here goes my "Memory like an Elephant" post...

Doug here used to run a Novi 2K on a stock bottom end 5.0.

He had the following mods:

AFR 165's (box stock)
    Trick Flow Intake (unported)
    70mm TB
    36lbrs
    Pro-M 80mm
    1.7 rockers
    Shorty Headers
    Novi 2000 w/stock pulley setup for 10psi
    PowerPipe

What YR Mustang was that on?? Im hearing mixed results on the AFM Power pipe working w/ my 95. As long as it fits on the Paxton and there are no major clearence issues then it should work ( crossing my fingers) I dont care about having to cut a bigger hole in the fender to make it fit, thats no big deal

It's an 88 and yeah I've heard about the issues with the AFM PowerPipe not fitting well with a Novi 2000 on a 94-95. I've never dealt with that exact combo personally so I can't offer an opinion on it.

I forgot to mention that I have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. The only reason I mention this is that you want to make sure your A/F ratio is safe, especially with a s/c. Mine is conservative. My timing is set at 10* and my BTM is set at 1.5/lb of vacuum. I could get a few more HP by playing with fuel and timing, but I've already blown one HG and don't want to do it a second time.
    89 lx 5.0; 5-speed, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF; 30# injectors, 1 5/8 shorty headers, flowmaster catback; novi 2k

Quote Originally Posted by rbridges
    I forgot to mention that I have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. The only reason I mention this is that you want to make sure your A/F ratio is safe, especially with a s/c. Mine is conservative. My timing is set at 10* and my BTM is set at 1.5/lb of vacuum. I could get a few more HP by playing with fuel and timing, but I've already blown one HG and don't want to do it a second time.

Already have a Kirban and a Steeda FPG.

Junior SCH Member
    off topic im bored... :D
    but here we go..
    r-block 306 with edel.rpm heads hogan intake, 75mm tb., 96lbs injector, gen 6 tunning.. 1991 coupe 3300lbs.. car made 550rwhp..with supercharger..i think it was a Y/S trim... pretty well the same as a novi 2KR.

replaced blower with an air research 91mm turbo..only thing changed was air/fuel curves in the tune and car then made 1002rwhp...
    Attached Images Attached Images

^^^^^^^^ lol nice #'s but Im building a street/occasional strip car so Im not aiming for 1000HP..lol, more like 400 to the wheels then Im calling it good.