Thread: 500+ RWHP????

Junior SCH Member

500+ RWHP????

Guys,

I'm going to be getting my SCT tune within the next few weeks; I'm wondering what you think my numbers will be. I'm running the 3" RR Ultra Grip pulley on my 3 Core P1SC; do you think that my p1sc will run out of breath early? I know I have the setup to make a bunch of safe power, but I'm just thinking that my blower will be my biggest enemy.

What do you guys think? Below you will find my mods. Thanks, Ralph

SHM 2V Longblock
    - forged cobra crank, forged Manley h beam rods, forged manley 11cc dish pistons (9 to 1 Compression), file fit moly rings, tri metal rod & main bearings, ARP fasteners, billit oil gears and windage tray.
    - SHM stage 2 PI heads ~ Flow 200/150 @ .500
    - SHM P/N 2730 cams, which are .495 lift w/ 230 duration int & exh.
    - Comp springs, new stock retainers and locks, SVO stainless valves
    - 42# Injectors, 2003 Cobra Fuel Tank and Dual Pumps, KB BAP (40)
    - ProM Univer MAF (calibrated for the 42# injectors)
    - Stock Intake and Throttle Body

ATI P1SC Procharger with 3 Core Intercooler and 3” RR Ultra-Grip Pulley

Exhaust components:

- MAC Long Tubes
    - MAC off road Prochamber
    - Magnaflow Magnapack cat-back system

Other Stuff:

- 11 inch SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, 11” aluminum Flywheel
    - 3.73 FRPP Gears
    - stock 5 speed Tremec 3650
    - Kenny Brown Super Subs Welded in
    - MAC Upper and Lower Control Arms
    - Kirban Kwik 5 Shifter
    - Strange 31 spline Axles
    - Eaton Posi
    - QA1 K member,B springs, Strange 10 ways, BBK C/C plates
    - Autometer gauges (boost, fuel, temp)
    2003 BLK GT (5 spd)

Got 8 Ribs?
    Scary Mods

Junior SCH Member
    I have a setup very similar to yours going on right now, prolly be a couple of weeks before it's running. I talked to ATI and the fellow was very helpful and knowledgable and said a 3" pulley will do fine on a P1SC. I have seen at least one guy make 500rwhp with a P1SC and you should get close. I'd predict 450-475 for ya.
    Also, I think the 11cc pistons net more than 9:1 compression unless the combustion chambers have been messaged to lower compression. My machine shop says my 17cc pistons will be 8.9:1, but I've had the cc messaged and expecting 8.75:1.
    I sure would like to know what boost you see with the 3" pulley. When will you have it running?
    You might want to think about a upper intake and larger throttle body, you have all the other components to support the power you want but there's more to be had by replacing those fairly inexpensive components (compared to everything else you've spent :D )

Good luck

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Blue 2V
    I have a setup very similar to yours going on right now, prolly be a couple of weeks before it's running. I talked to ATI and the fellow was very helpful and knowledgable and said a 3" pulley will do fine on a P1SC. I have seen at least one guy make 500rwhp with a P1SC and you should get close. I'd predict 450-475 for ya.
    Also, I think the 11cc pistons net more than 9:1 compression unless the combustion chambers have been messaged to lower compression. My machine shop says my 17cc pistons will be 8.9:1, but I've had the cc messaged and expecting 8.75:1.
    I sure would like to know what boost you see with the 3" pulley. When will you have it running?
    You might want to think about a upper intake and larger throttle body, you have all the other components to support the power you want but there's more to be had by replacing those fairly inexpensive components (compared to everything else you've spent :D )

Good luck
    I'm not sure if the cc was messaged to compensate... SHM said that it was 9 to 1 so I'm going to have to trust them. :)

I'll be getting my tune on the 27th of this month so I'll let you know what the psi was... I'm expecting 13 - 14 psi.

You know I have considered upgrading my intake, but figured that will be another stage to my machine. I'm thinking if I hit 450 - 470+ with this setup I'll have a hell of a mean street machine; then when I'm ready I'll upgrade the intake and tb, and then the blower to a D1SC, and then I'll need better fuel (rails, bigger injectors, return style tank).... It will be another big chunk of change to do it correctly! I'm going to see if I'm content with my current setup..... but we all know that once your addicted like I am that there is no stopping! :)

Send me an email If you don't hear back from me in the beginning of april and I'll let you know how the tune went.

Ralph
    2003 BLK GT (5 spd)

Got 8 Ribs?
    Scary Mods

Junior SCH Member
    How did your dyno numbers turn out?

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodvdog
    How did your dyno numbers turn out?
    520 - 530ish read my long post. I know it sounds kind of stupid, but I didn't get a final good pull for the final dyno numbers.

Go ahead and read this post.. it will describe everything:

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showt...threadid=25102

I am very very pleased with this car and everything that I've done with it.

Ralph
    2003 BLK GT (5 spd)

Got 8 Ribs?
    Scary Mods

Junior SCH Member
    Hey folks....
    Sorry to bud in here,
    Have you been having much success with an RR ultra grip pulley? I dont know anyone personally that has used one, but im interested in getting one. Just looking for feedback.

Thanks,
    - Jon
    95GT: 347 stroker, AFR 185cc heads,Holley Systemax II intake, Anderson B-31 cam, Pro-M Universal MAF, 42lb injectors, 14psi P600B.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnySmooth
    Hey folks....
    Sorry to bud in here,
    Have you been having much success with an RR ultra grip pulley? I dont know anyone personally that has used one, but im interested in getting one. Just looking for feedback.

Thanks,
    - Jon
    I'm seeing between 14 - 16 psi with my 3" RR. I also grinded out about a half an inch out of the stock tensioner stops. This allowed me to put a smaller belt on, so I went just a half an inch smaller than what my procharger required (I went 107.5 versus 108).

I only have around 250 miles on this setup, but it seems to be working real good.

Good luck, Ralph
    2003 BLK GT (5 spd)

Got 8 Ribs?
    Scary Mods

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryGT
    I'm seeing between 14 - 16 psi with my 3" RR. I also grinded out about a half an inch out of the stock tensioner stops. This allowed me to put a smaller belt on, so I went just a half an inch smaller than what my procharger required (I went 107.5 versus 108).

I only have around 250 miles on this setup, but it seems to be working real good.

Good luck, Ralph
    Hey Ralph, glad to see you get the car going and nice numbers (read your other post). Would you happen to have any pics of your belt routing? I had some issues trying to get mine on right(I also have a 2003GT). Need to see all the pullies if you can get that for me. :D Thanks!

Junior SCH Member
    Hey Ralph, glad to see you get the car going and nice numbers (read your other post). Would you happen to have any pics of your belt routing? I had some issues trying to get mine on right(I also have a 2003GT). Need to see all the pullies if you can get that for me. :D Thanks!
    Here are the diagrams that I use from the ATI manual:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 BLK GT (5 spd)

Got 8 Ribs?
    Scary Mods

Junior SCH Member
    And another:
    2003 BLK GT (5 spd)

Got 8 Ribs?
    Scary Mods

Junior SCH Member
    I tried using this routing per the instructions and ATI support said to use a 106.6" belt with a 3" pulley. Although I was able to squeeze the sob on there (it was very tight ) as soon as I started the car and the belt settled in, I noticed jerking and weird sounds, turns out that the belt was rubbing the tensioner mount (the part on the front motor cover). I tried different methods of routing and found that the best was to run it as my stock belt was routed, and run over the ATI pullies as noted in the manual's pic. Same size belt worked (still tight as hell) but no rubbing. I haven't nailed the throttle yet (still breaking in the new motor) so I don't know if I'll have any belt slippage or not. Here's a pic of where the belt was contacting when I routed it like you did on your 2003 (per the instruction for a 2000 model).

Junior SCH Member
    I tried using this routing per the instructions and ATI support said to use a 106.6" belt with a 3" pulley. Although I was able to squeeze the sob on there (it was very tight ) as soon as I started the car and the belt settled in, I noticed jerking and weird sounds, turns out that the belt was rubbing the tensioner mount (the part on the front motor cover). I tried different methods of routing and found that the best was to run it as my stock belt was routed, and run over the ATI pullies as noted in the manual's pic. Same size belt worked (still tight as hell) but no rubbing. I haven't nailed the throttle yet (still breaking in the new motor) so I don't know if I'll have any belt slippage or not. Here's a pic of where the belt was contacting when I routed it like you did on your 2003 (per the instruction for a 2000 model).
    I have no idea how your car is differen't than mine. A 106.6" belt; I can't even believe that it would fit. The belt that comes with the Procharger kit is a 108" belt. If your pulley setup doesn't look like that diagram... well, I don't know what to tell you.
    2003 BLK GT (5 spd)

Got 8 Ribs?
    Scary Mods

Junior SCH Member
    I'm hoping that since I have it routed like the factory belt, that I won't have any belt slippage issues. I may be looking at the RR pulley like you did :D
    So have you taken yours back to the dyno since you got the T bolt clamps and flared pipe ends? Sure would be interested in the numbers, and the boost that you see. Our combinations are very similar. I think your cams are a bit bigger than mine and I have a Bullitt intake. Other than that, we have the same combo.
    Let us know how it goes.

Duwayne

Junior SCH Member
    I'm hoping that since I have it routed like the factory belt, that I won't have any belt slippage issues. I may be looking at the RR pulley like you did :D
    So have you taken yours back to the dyno since you got the T bolt clamps and flared pipe ends? Sure would be interested in the numbers, and the boost that you see. Our combinations are very similar. I think your cams are a bit bigger than mine and I have a Bullitt intake. Other than that, we have the same combo.
    Let us know how it goes.

Duwayne
    I don't know when I'll waste my money on a dynojet pull... Boost; I'm seeing 14+. I haven't really taken it above 6300rpm yet. It pulls so hard that I haven't needed it yet... plus it is weird shifting above 6K.

I'm going to the track this Saturday, but I'm not sure if I can keep my eye on my boost guage while flying down the 1320.

Anyway, I'm almost sure that I would see 16psi if I had the balls to keep in it until 7K.

If you want to find out more about my car you can go to Modulardepot.com or ModularMustangs.net and do searches on scarygt in the user name field.

Thanks for you comments and good luck with your combo, Ralph
    2003 BLK GT (5 spd)

Got 8 Ribs?
    Scary Mods