Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

New BBK Intake for 5.0's (pics inside)

Thread: New BBK Intake for 5.0's (pics inside)

New BBK Intake for 5.0's (pics inside)

There's more info on this intake in the March 2004 issue of 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords on page 130. It looks like a pretty promising intake. The article only deals with the lower as the upper was not yet finished at the time of print. The lower's runners all have a very straight shot and each one is identical in shape and length. Apparantly the runners will also be CNC finished (probably much like the Edelbrock offerings) The upper features a 75mm bore. The other interesting feature is the intake will be offered as a kit that includes high flow billet fuel rails. Due the design other aftermarket rails will not fit (the stockers will). BBK is touting this intake will exceed flow of the current crop of intake leaders bt 12%. Best feature though is the cost...projected price is $499 US including all gaskets and the trick fuel rails. The intake will also be offered without the rails so the price would probably be in the $399 US range I would imagine as just about all aftermarket rails sell in the $150 plus range. Street date is supposed to be this Month but BBK has yet to put it up on their site. Looking forward to seeing some dyno numbers compared to the other popular 5.0 intakes. I might consider upgrading to it if the numbers prove worthwhile. I like the looks of it as well.

BBK also says in the article they eventually offer a short runner version strictly for the racing crowd. They say it will resemble the eariler 4.6 Cobra or '00 Cobra R intakes with a bulbous bread box hiding velocity stack-like short runners.

Last edited by TheHawk05; 03-07-2004 at 12:36 PM.

That's a very interesting looking piece, real curious as to some hard numbers as to how it compares with the others out on the market, guess we'll have to wait til it's out....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Not sure if I like the looks of it. Nothing against BBK, but they seem to be a little more expensive on a lot of things that I have seen compared to everybody else. I somehow don't see them offering the whole kit for $499 IMHO. I could be wrong, which would be nothing new for me, but I thing they'd go close to $599 with the fuel rails. After all, Summit still charges $599 for the GT-40 intake. Just my $.02 worth. It's definately different looking though. Can't say that they copied anybody else's design!

Chris
    Elevation kills boost!
    LX = 13.47 @ 102.49, 1.80 60', at 6900' DA
    Cobra = 12.82 @ 109.25, 1.98 60' at 5400' DA

If I were going on looks alone I would say I kinda like it. It gives the engine balance instead of having a big hunk of metal hanging off the left side of the motor.

Chris are you sure you're not confusing Brothers Performace BBK prices with everyone elses. I have a few BBK parts and know a lot of people with BBK parts. Prices seem pretty competitive.

The future of this peice will be interesting for sure.:)
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Agree with you on that Steve, if you buy thru Brothers especially a non-BBK piece you will pay thru the nose. About the only thing I run is BBK's headers, good piece for the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_H
    I somehow don't see them offering the whole kit for $499 IMHO. I could be wrong, which would be nothing new for me, but I thing they'd go close to $599 with the fuel rails. After all, Summit still charges $599 for the GT-40 intake.

Chris
    $499 is the retail price quoted by BBK in the article. The GT40 intake will always be expensive due to it's construction as it's upper is formed of multiple tubes that are then welded together. It's basically the most labour intensive constructed 5.0 intake currently available and the price reflects that. Cast intakes are much easier, faster and cheaper to make. Trick Flow sells their stuff as cheap as $399 so if BBK wants to make a splash this late in the game with a new 5.0 intake offering, the best way to do that is through a price war.

I tell ya, I would be after that thing with the grinder in a heartbeat. I hate it when they put their name all over the damn thing.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Brother's is who I was thinking of. Just couldn't quite get it straight last night! I would love to see another inexpensive intake on the market. Always helps having more to choose from, then again it makes it a pain in the butt having so many to choose from! It'll take a while to grow on me, but then again, so did the 99 Mustangs when they first came out. Good to see they are still coming out with better and better equipment for the Fox bodies.

Chris
    Elevation kills boost!
    LX = 13.47 @ 102.49, 1.80 60', at 6900' DA
    Cobra = 12.82 @ 109.25, 1.98 60' at 5400' DA

$579 is the price in the march article, $499 was the article before this one.

kinda looks like a smaller version of the BXR intake setup.
    306 DSS, S-TRIM W/RENEGADE PULLIES, EXTRUDE HONED LOWER GT40, FULLY PORTED AND LOC WIRED GT40 HEADS, PERMANENT 10 INCH SLICKS.

I don't like the looks of it at all, but I would still be curious to see how it performs...that could always change my mind :)
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

I dont know why i said march, the issue with that upper intake shot is the july issue with the blue cobra. Page 36.