Thread: 1 belt to 2 belt conversion

1 belt to 2 belt conversion

Well, I'm sick of belt slip ruining my boost. I'm going to fix it if I have to throw the piece of crap in the trash and buy a 2k.
    Has anyone tried to convert theirs? If not, anyone have any groovy ideas that might help.
    And last, does anyone know what the belt tensioner part for the 2 belt system is? Possibly the 2K belt tensioner part.
    Thanks.
    92 Stang LX 5-spd
    Novi1K(old), Cobra Intake, 70mm TB, 90mm MAF, 1.7rr, E-303, GT-40 heads, 30#, 190 lph, Crane Hi-6, FRPP ceramic headers, Summit H-pipe, Edelbrock RPM cat back, 3.73, MAC springs 2" drop, Megabite Jr's, F-150 crank pulley, 2.75" blower pulley, Morpheus pipe, Fidanza AFW, McLeod kevlar clutch, lots of shiny pointless stuff.
    (BlueRevenge on Stangnet forums)
    12.2 @ 114 mph (everyday street tires a few mods ago)

There's a thread on the tensioner in the FAQ thread that is stuck up top of this forum. As for belt slip, you still running the stock blower pulley? I experienced a small amount of slip here & there but nothing that a little maintenance & some belt dressing could not cure.

There was a conversion kit a couple weeks back some guy had on E-bay, not sure if he can source more or not. Steve (468LC) had a thread on it with the link in here.

You can also try bead blasting the belt contact area on the pulley, worked for one of us, think it was Frank if I recall correctly.

Anyways, good luck!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Nope, I got the 2.75 pulley but I was getting slip before that. Makes me mad because I'll only get about 6 pounds then it will start slipping. Once it starts slipping the boost usually goes down to 4-5 pounds and stays there. I know there's some really sick horsepower in there because once in awhile it'll catch and it feels like I hit nitrous or something. I want that power all the time not just once in a blue moon when it feels like it.
    I'm thinking about putting an idler pulley right up close to the blower pulley for a tighter belt wrap. With the pulleys being so far apart right now, there's probably some centrifugal force also pushing the belt out. Don't know, worth a try though.
    92 Stang LX 5-spd
    Novi1K(old), Cobra Intake, 70mm TB, 90mm MAF, 1.7rr, E-303, GT-40 heads, 30#, 190 lph, Crane Hi-6, FRPP ceramic headers, Summit H-pipe, Edelbrock RPM cat back, 3.73, MAC springs 2" drop, Megabite Jr's, F-150 crank pulley, 2.75" blower pulley, Morpheus pipe, Fidanza AFW, McLeod kevlar clutch, lots of shiny pointless stuff.
    (BlueRevenge on Stangnet forums)
    12.2 @ 114 mph (everyday street tires a few mods ago)

Since the warranty is not a concern, pull the blower pulley and have the belt surface blasted with some fairly course medium. Worked wonders for Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Well since I missed that bid by 25 bucks on that conversion kit on e bay I emailed the guy back and asked if this was a one time thing. He said he may have more kits coming in the future but couldn't give me a date. The guy only wanted 200 bucks for these kits. Killer deal.

I still wonder how the parts are being source though.:D
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Also there is a lot to be had for using fresh belt everyonce in a while. Once you spin a blower with a serpentine belt if becomes a consumable and needs to be replaced often especially if daily driven. There is a lot to be said about using Permatex belt grip and or VHT on the belt when at the track.