Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 500-600 rwhp guys--- need imput !

SCH Member
    ok just called D&D, WAY TOO MUCH !! 2499 for the tranny, then 717 for the conversion kit, then you need a new clutch.. Thats about 3600 bucks right there.. for another 500 bucks you could buy urself the full GR40 track kit.. No thank you ! But thanks RAy !!

Junior SCH Member
    I'm running the D&D Viper Spec T56 in my car. (95 Cobra w/515rwhp) It seems to be holding up fine.

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraVnmn
    ok just called D&D, WAY TOO MUCH !! 2499 for the tranny, then 717 for the conversion kit, then you need a new clutch.. Thats about 3600 bucks right there.. for another 500 bucks you could buy urself the full GR40 track kit.. No thank you ! But thanks RAy !!
    I spent more than that on my Lentech AOD - it was worth every penny!

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WOLVERINE
    i had an lentech aod an o burned 3 time and lentech excuse was the i driver the car to much.
    Yes for the track auto is the way to go.
    I don't buy that - first, was it a real Lentech AOD or an AOD you put the valve body in?

Second, OD is only designed for 400 lb/ft of torque unless you get the new stage 2 input shaft (and front drum) assembly (which I have). Then it is good to around 700 lb/ft in OD. In any case OD was not designed for full throttle acceleration.

I ran my last AOD for 4 years without a problem. When it finally burned up it was my own fault and Lentech fixed it for the flat rate fee of $995 (cheap in my book).

I drive mostly on the street and wouldn't replace my AOD for any manual transmission. I don't have anything against bangin' gears, I love to shift - but that is best left for a road racing car in my book. Not a high horsepower street car that sees occasional track use....

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KenI
    I'm running the D&D Viper Spec T56 in my car. (95 Cobra w/515rwhp) It seems to be holding up fine.
    Hey Keni,

how much did the hole set up cost you? was it aroudn that price range that i listed ? what gears do you have in the back? whats ur 0-60 times ?

Junior SCH Member
    Hey Keni,

how much did the hole set up cost you? was it aroudn that price range that i listed ? what gears do you have in the back? whats ur 0-60 times ?
    The cost was about what you list +-$100 as far as I can remember. I'm running 3.73s but if I had to do it again I'd go with 4.10s. With the 3.73s I only see about 1900rpm @80mph in 6th. First gear would like the 4.10s better as well. My 60s are always bad :( but thats because of me. My 60s actually improved from my T5 3.55s setup. I'll usually get 2.0s on Nitto Drag Radials at Carlsbad(slippery) on the new setup. If I had more practice I should be able to get 1.8-1.9s.

SCH Member
    thats not bad at all ! Have u tried ur 60 on street tires? whats ur combo?

Junior SCH Member
    thats not bad at all ! Have u tried ur 60 on street tires? whats ur combo?
    Its my daily driver.
    arp bolts
    Vortech SQ with 3.2 pulley
    42# injectors
    ported upper/lower cobra intake
    powerpipe
    65mm tb
    ported edelbrock heads
    steeda #19 cam
    JBA headers + custom exhaust
    t56
    aubern pro diff
    3.73s
    msd 6al
    autologic chip
    canton 7qt t-pan
    etc...

Thats off the top of my head.
    I've had the car a while :)

Junior SCH Member
    x2c tko
    one torn apart ugly fox
    ;)

You know what they say, you gotta pay to play. Let me know which direction you end up going. I will be in the same boat you are in as soon as I get out of school and have the money to build up the motor I've been hoping to build since H.S.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

SCH Member
    I dont know Ross, i might just get the new TKO600 thats coming out next month?? i dont know man, I might be moving back to the bay.. Probably live with John..