Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Novi 2K on the way

Thread: Novi 2K on the way

Novi 2K on the way

Just got an e-mail form our fav parts guy Jack at Muscle Motors letting me know that my Novi 2000 will be shipped early next week. Can't wait. I was thinking it might be a good idea to take some good close up pics and stuff to post here for the benefit of the sight and for other potential Novi 2K buyers as I know there aren't many good pics out there on the net that illustrate things like just how big the inlet and outlets are, the impeller design, quality of the kit components, etc. just my small contribution to help make this the best Novi information site on the web.

Great to hear! Post some pics when you get them!

What about the heads?

Ian

Jack said the heads will be 2-3 weeks. I'm guessing AFR is currently out of stock at the moment. No big deal though as I won't be putting the motor together until it's almost spring time anyway. I've just been plugging away getting all the parts together now so it minamizes any chance of holdups come spring time. I'm sure some of us have experienced the displeasure of having the car held up waiting for some part that's on backorder. I remember back when I did the brake conversion on my car, I ordered Cobra R wheels for it. UPS went onstrike the day they were supposed to ship so I had to wait for that fiasco to end. I think the car sat on stands for over 2 weeks while I waited for the wheels.

Yeah that is true, I had to wait for my AFR's as well. They have some in stock, but I think the 61CC are very popular and so they sell out quickly.

I have never had to wait to long for parts, if I needed something quick, I contacted Jack and paid for overnight (that happened a few times :)

Ian

The dreaded shipping costs on overnighting parts still makes me crinch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#%$@%#
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

The wait doesn't bother me as the heads are more than worth it. The word his spread like wild fire that AFR's are the head to get if you want to make some seriuos power with the 5.0 and keep it emissions legal. Plus the fact the 61cc chamber size is probably their most popular head ( especially with the power adder guys like us) Still, I'm excited to get them so I can finally see them in person as pictures of the CNC work don't do them justice( I've never seen them first hand). They may cost more than Edelbrock and TFS but I believe they are well worth the money, especially going on the feedback I've gotten from current owners of them. Everyone I've talked to has had nothing but sheer glee and immense satifaction to express about their AFR's. In my opinion I don't think there is much to think about when buying heads for a 5.0 as there really is only one choice...AFR
    ;)

I agree! AFR ownz me!!!! It ownz j00 and EVERYONE!!!

Seriously though AFR are my FIRST (next) choice of heads!
    I use Edelbrock heads right now, but my next beast will have AFR's all the way! :)
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at: