Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
D1 Repair

Thread: D1 Repair

Junior SCH Member

Question D1 Repair

I have a D1 that needs repair. After inspecting the unit, it seams all that's needed is new rubber gaskets/o-rings. I called Procharger, and they will not sell the needed parts to me, I must send the unit to them for the repair. My concern is that they will not give me an estimate of the cost over the phone. (2 gaskets how much can that be.) I'm concerned that I will send the unit to them and end up with some crazy estimate. Has anyone ever had a repair like this before, and used ATI, and does anyone know where to purchase the gaskets elsewhere

Junior SCH Member
    www.millsracing.com redid my vortech bearings and seals for cheap. not sure if they do prochargers though. guys name is jim. tell him mike from cleveland ohio sent ya. he'll remember me !

:p
    www.BoostedHorsepower.com

69 Camaro Z28
    383 D1 Procharger
    Procharger Sheet Metal Intercooler
    750 cfm 4150
    Extreme Velocity Carb Hat
    Trick Flow Aluminum Heads
    Edelbrock Super Victor Intake
    Crower Solid Roller Cam
    X2CMotorsports Tremec TKO TransTKO

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the lead, but www.millsracing.com doesn't work on prochargers

Junior SCH Member
    After contacting Procharger, and asking for a rough cost for the repairs. I was told it would cost.
    (1) +- $400.00 for seals.
    (2) +- $600.00 bearings and seals.
    (3) $800.00 to polish.
    So I decided to try to fix it my self. If anyone else is interested, I will post pictures and part #'s and results

Junior SCH Member
    Try this link. It had some info on bearings and seals for a P600. Perhaps, they can point you in the right direction for your D1.

Good Luck!!

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/showthread.php?t=2436
    1995 Mustang GT, Stock 302 block, D1 with 3 core intercooler, Stage Victor Jr Heads, GT 40 Intake, Straightline Performance exhaust, BBk Longtubes, DrGas X pipe, Tremec TKO and Spec 3