Thread: sn 89 install SBC Pulleys

Junior SCH Member

sn 89 install SBC Pulleys

How are you doin, Im installing an Sn 89 on my 355 sbc what I need to know is where I can get a 3 groove crank pulley for it.My unit was rebuilt by Paradise wheels about a year ago and he only had one for a ford at the time can I modify that one? Also where can I get the hose for the Air filter do they sell it at the parts store? Any other suggestions I can get with the install of this would be helpful thanks.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    If you are talking about a 3 groove V-Belt pulley look in the Jegs catalog or Summit they will probably have a chrome cheap unit since that is common on early small blocks with air condition and air pump. My early Stingrays have the 3-V-Crank Pulley on them.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    If you are talking about a 3 groove V-Belt pulley look in the Jegs catalog or Summit they will probably have a chrome cheap unit since that is common on early small blocks with air condition and air pump. My early Stingrays have the 3-V-Crank Pulley on them.

Speedytang thanks for your help,My sn89 uses the three little belts that go from the supercharger to a crank pulley that sits inside of the chevy pulley this is the pulley that I need. Is there an alternative to using this? Thanks again.

I have seen that setup years ago but my suggestion would be to convert the engine using pulley kit from MARCH. With that kit you then can use a normal 6-rib belt for everything.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    I have seen that setup years ago but my suggestion would be to convert the engine using pulley kit from MARCH. With that kit you then can use a normal 6-rib belt for everything.

That sounds like something I should consider,I saw on another posting that you mentioned you had the instructions for this unit do you think it would be possible for me to get a photocopy of them.

send me a email
    speedytang@bright.net
    The only directions I have are for the 5.0 Ford.